Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: 9300, 9360,9380, 9000, 9700, Gold 9900, 9790
My Carrier: O2, T-Mobile

PlayBook only red light comes on when connected to charger/usb and then nothing else HELP PLEASE !!!!

got a playbook which all of a sudden starting doing this tried the debricking method tried connecting ot my mac without the battery and still nothing doesnt connect and also tried on pc but still nothing someone please help i need to get up and running asap 

Thank You 

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: MTS

Re: PlayBook only red light comes on when connected to charger/usb and then nothing else HELP PLEASE !!!!

[ Edited ]

Do you have BlackBerry Desktop software installed on your mac/pc?

Please click the Thumbs Up icon if this comment has helped you! If your issue is resolved, please click the solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: 9300, 9360,9380, 9000, 9700, Gold 9900, 9790
My Carrier: O2, T-Mobile

Re: PlayBook only red light comes on when connected to charger/usb and then nothing else HELP PLEASE !!!!

yes i have it installed on both doesnt even connect on windows however it shows its missing a OMAP driver but cant find it 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

mangera wrote:

got a playbook which all of a sudden starting doing this tried the debricking method tried connecting ot my mac without the battery and still nothing doesnt connect and also tried on pc but still nothing someone please help i need to get up and running asap 

Thank You 

without a battery in what?

You will have to keep presssing the power button every so often whist on charger until the red light stays on. Got a few hours to spare? like whilst watching TV?  

Check out the other solutions in the sticky thread, start around page 60.