Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB
Accepted Solution

PlayBook stopped connecting to BlackBerry Desktop Software (BDM) or BlackBerry Link (BL)

I was syncing pictures to the PlayBook using BB Link, when the connection stopped and the PlayBook has not been able to connect to BDM or BL ever since. The drive also does not mount on the Computer. 

I have tried different USB cables, different computers and dont think this is a Mac or Windows issue only as the same problem is on both PCs. This is certainly an issue with the PlayBook.

I have also tried releading the OS and it did not solve the issue. 

I can confirm that the PlayBook connects to the computer as the message is displayed on the PlayBook and also, I was able to reload the OS using all Computers I tried on. Further, I always get the notification for the device being connected on the Computer and then nothing happens. I am also able to connect to the PlayBook using the Chrome extension for sideloading but the connection is tooooooo slow.

If someone else has had the same issue, it would be great if you could provide a solution.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Super Contributor

Re: PlayBook stopped connecting to BlackBerry Desktop Software (BDM) or BlackBerry Link (BL)

After a lot of fiddling around, I have concluded that this issue props up due to some network driver issue within the PlayBook with respect to the dual IP address - one used to map it as a network drive and the other due to the WiFi connection.

The PlayBook tries to route all incoming connections through the wifi ip address and this slows down the speeds to a such a miserable level that the BDM and BL dont recognize the PlayBook.

The workaround is to switch offf the wifi on the PlayBook and connect it to the computer and shazam.... you playbook will once again connect to BDM and can be mapped as a network drive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Re: PlayBook stopped connecting to BlackBerry Desktop Software (BDM) or BlackBerry Link (BL)

Having the same issue was working then just stopped, says cannot connect, need to update the playbook, I am using the latest OS for play book, tried the above solution didn't work any other ideas ???

Super Contributor

Is the PlayBook connecting to the computer? Have you tried connecting the PlayBook to another Computer?

Trusted Contributor

havent tried another computer, however, the playbook tells me it is connected to the computer and in the bottom right hand of the computer screen it shows BB device manager icon

Super Contributor

The problem could be isolated on your computer due to a network firewall issue. Try another computer and let me know. 

Check this KB and let me know if it helps. 

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB27424&sliceId=2&cm...

Trusted Contributor

Thanks much. I tried it on my computer at home hooks up just fine, will could be the firewall at work, will have my IT guy look at it when I get back to the office Monday