Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: NA

PlayBook suddenly won't pair with my BB

Bridge was working well two days ago; suddenly my PB is not able to connect. It can't find the phone despite the phone being able to locate it. Any ideas?

New Developer
My Device: 9700

Re: PlayBook suddenly won't pair with my BB

I had the same problem.  On day one the bridge worked.  Then when I went to bed the blue light blinking on my phone was driving me nuts so I just turned off bluetooth.  Bridging would not work after that.  So I spent a lot of time screwing around and I have it working again.

Try removing all of your bridge settings and your bluetooth settings then try to bridge them again.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

The flashing blue light was driving me nuts too.  It was ok when the only bluetooth device I connected was the speakerphone in the car, but with the Playbook, it was blinking all the time.

You can disable it by going into bluetooth connections, pressing the menu button and going into options and then removing the checkmark next to LED Connection Indicator.

My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

i had the same issue. Support had me delete the bridge application from my Storm 2 and then reinstall, and I was then able to pair again.

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

Try reinstalling the bridge app on your BB and then redo the BB bridge to your Praybook*.
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I have the same issue and it is ongoing.  I have to re-pair after my phone goes into standby at night.  That is a deal breaker.  It should pair up again on its own just like a headset or any other bluetooth device.  I called the free "support" and they said that was the way it was supposed to work, and they weren't very friendly about it.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Roges

That's not true.  My playbook automatically re-pairs with my phone when ever it comes out of sleep mode.   This would also be the same "free support" that didn't know the button sequence for  a hard reset to the playbook either.  Be wary and hit the forums before believe everthing you hear from the "support" group today. I know it's disappointing but currently based on my experience,   right now,  it's true. 

My Carrier: Rogers

After 92 days (just long enough to lose out on support) my Playbook decided that it doesn't like myTorch and won't connect to it unless I go though the motions.

For those of you that have this problem check out the bb knowledgebase - http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB2...ypeID=DT_SUPPORTISSUE_1_1&dialogID=1510734139&stateId=0%200%201510724721

It has a step by step solution to the problem.

Unfortunately i have had to do this twice in the last 5 days and it is annoying.

Anyone know how to registeer a bug with BB that doesn't require a credit card.  I would hope RIM would like to know when their customers are having these sorts of continuous problems.

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

...This may sound weird, I had the same problem (pairing the PB with my Bold)!  I had tried everything, then I realized that sometimes my Bold won't won't launch an application if I have too many on my apps on my phone (even if there is ample storage space)!! If you attempt to "bridge" your PB and you're tried everything...rebooting, swiping...etc!! Delete a couple of the apps on your Blackberry.....clear both profiles (on PB and phone), re-download and try again!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

[ Edited ]

My problem is I have it bridged, and when I try to use any of the bridge applications it does nothing. I can not open my e-mails, contacts, etc on the Playbook (BB is fine). I undid the bridge, and connected all over again to no avail. Right now my Playback is gathering dust. Couldn't use it on my last business trip. Had to use my laptop with Citrix (worked fine!). Very frustrating.

I'm going to give my Playbook to someone else in my org since it doesn't work for me and I've spent far too long getting it to work properly.  I think a Windows tablet with Citrix would work just as well or better for business users.