Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: None yet
My Carrier: Fido

PlayBook users and owners: after using the PlayBook what do you think of the 7" screen size?

I'm considering the BB tablet but not sure if I will fully adjust to the screen size. Does it ever get annoying? Or is it okay after a while?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: PlayBook users and owners: after using the PlayBook what do you think of the 7" screen size?

[ Edited ]

no issues with it for me and my family, we have 3 playbooks.

I also have over 30 friends in a Playbook BBM groups that has no issue

neat discussion this week

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/We-need-a-10-quot-screen/td-p/1515695

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Visitor
My Device: Playbook 1.0
My Carrier: mts

Re: PlayBook users and owners: after using the PlayBook what do you think of the 7" screen size?

No issues is clear and easy reading even after 4 hours of use.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ktake wrote:

I'm considering the BB tablet but not sure if I will fully adjust to the screen size. Does it ever get annoying? Or is it okay after a while?

lol, no it's not annoying... it's quite perfect.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 16GB + Samsung Galaxy Note
My Carrier: Telus

Like the Ad for Amex: "Don't leave home with it".
Warning... once you use it you'll likely stop using your laptop.
Forget the 10" tablets the PB is all you need.
But don't take my word for it. Go try it out at the store.
At the current sale price it's a steal.
DC-IT
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: not applicable

screen is ok... crappy apps and other non transparency issues would need to be considered
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Size is fine, agree need better apps. like quick office or a better office suite than doc to go and sheets to go. adobe pdf reader.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
My Carrier: internet

agreed. screen size was actually a buying feature for me.
lack of any quality app ( ie netflix and skype) is my biggest dissapointment. i actually am on the (lack of) app site almost every day and have yet to see any of these shareware quality apps that are rediculously over priced, that have actually peaked my interest.

i woukd for sure wait at least untill a few months after the os upgrade
that way you'll know what you are getting rather than hoping on some magical update.
also there are rumours of them starting to sell a better version of this in the near future.

spellcheck wiuld be nice as well. i can spell but find i use this thing so infrequently i havent become accustomed to the keyboard
My Carrier: none

The size is always a tradeoff, but the Playbook seems to be as close to the perfect form factor for a mobile computer I've used so far.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A

I use mine for hours and have no issues or eye strain. The size is portable enough to take just about anywhere. Perfect!