Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Developer Playbook
My Carrier: 3

Re: PlayBook will not charge, battery at 10% and icon shows charging

Since I got long green led (after 15 seconds red light) and then it boot to colorful bubble, did that mean my battery is not flat out / dead ???

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

minori_aoi wrote:

Since I got long green led (after 15 seconds red light) and then it boot to colorful bubble, did that mean my battery is not flat out / dead ???

Continuous greed LED is "fully charged."

Looking at your previous post, five red flashes means "battery flat, can't boot."

The two are mutually exclusive, so it looks like your playbook is very sick.  

If it's an OS problem then a debrick would fix it, but until you can get 20% real charge you will not even be able to debrick it, so apart from trying to charge with a rapid (magnetic plug) charger which means more money, you may have to seek either repair at blackberry or trash can.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Airtel

I have exactly same problem. One day battery just won't charge. I restarted, and then updated to 2.1.0.1526 but the battery kept draining and finally PB went out. 

I tried everything - stalk charging, opening PB and tried to charge battery directly but failed to achieve much. Battery showed 0.84V on multileter !

With 2.1 OS, on wall charger - red led 15 seconds -> Battery Icon with lightening symbol for another 15 seconds followed by green led for couple of seconds and then start all over again.

On PC, red led for 15 seconds and then shows disconnected.

Then using CFP and loaded 10.0.9.1103. After charging for some time, it booted up, but battery still being shown as zero and no charging indication even with wall charger connected for 24 hours. Moment I remove charger, PB dies and then comes back only after half an hour of charging.

Can Blackberry look into this matter ?  What is wrong - battery, charging circuit, OS, my PB ?

Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

I am afraid you have not yet tried everything. As your evience only shows the using micro-USB charger. You have not tried a rapid charger which fixes magnetically on the connecter next to the USB.

The chances are your playbook's USB socket is damaged, Without trying a rapid charger you cannot eliminate this as a cause of the problem.

The microUSB socket is easily damaged by:

• Connecting upside down, even once. Pins get stripped out and the middle of the socket gets bent.
  • Using Playbook whilst connected - weak soldering and two epoxy beads fixing socket to board.

There ia nothing wrong with my micro USB port. I can today, using my wall charger, with OS 10, get my PB booted. But once on, it does not show charging sign on the battery. This ia the same behavior as in the beginning of the issue.

Also, I do not have the rapid charger and do not intend to invest in it as of now.

Any other idea, I am open to trying.

Solutions: 6,422
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You need to keep charging. Sounds like you were almost there earlier when it hit the long green light.

The rapid charger would solve your issue quicker.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

I kept PB (booted on OS10) on wall charger for 24 hours but the battery remained "blank". It doesn't show charging sign on battery icon. PB goes off immediately on removing from charger. Once off, it takes atleast 15 minutes of charging to boot again.

Contributor

How did you install BB10 on it??? Maybe I can revive my PB that way ...

Contributor

TexTucker wrote:

minori_aoi wrote:

Continuous greed LED is "fully charged."

Looking at your previous post, five red flashes means "battery flat, can't boot."

The two are mutually exclusive, so it looks like your playbook is very sick.  

If it's an OS problem then a debrick would fix it, but until you can get 20% real charge you will not even be able to debrick it, so apart from trying to charge with a rapid (magnetic plug) charger which means more money, you may have to seek either repair at blackberry or trash can.

No, I never get 5 blinking red LED. Only 1 long red (15 seconds i think) then no light for a few seconds, then long green LED (if it's what you mean with continous Green LED) a few seconds maybe 10 or so. then it enter boot animation, but never reach the homescreen.

Contributor

Nothing much is working wuth PB on bb10. You can just do a cfp load bb10.0.9.1093 signed file. No other os10 version could boot my PB.

Problem is that even after booting, my battery icon does not show charging sign. Smiley Sad