Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16g
My Carrier: n/a

PlayBook won't charge...does Rapid Charger Pod bypass USB issue?

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to find a way to charge my PlayBook after it has totally run out of power with no success

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with charging from the Rapid Charger Pod?

Does this use the 3 metal contacts beside the USB port? if so, does it charge DIRECTLY to the battery

instead of being software controlled?

Has anyone been able to successfully resuscitate a dead PlayBook using this device when the wall charger and USB connector would not charge the device?

all feedback much appreciated...thx

Contributor

Is there a way to extract data from a bricked PB?

Hi, my PB is dead due to the dreaded  Catch-22, no power-no charging flaw

I just got back from a conference and have several files that I MUST recover

Is there a known way to extract the data from a dead PlayBook?  I don't care if it ruins the device itself, in fact I would prefer that it did so that I could justify getting a different tablet....

I have tried all the ridiculous voodoo ways to re-start the **bleep** thing, support desk can only offer to wipe the device

which is not an option, I'm seriously considering trying Knottyrope's jumpstart technique

The only thing that I haven't tried is taking it to Staples to see if they will let me attach it to the charging cradle there

and bypass the USB port (which is software dependent, which needs a charged battery to function)

Any success stories would be most appreciated

thx

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: dont have
My Carrier: airtel

Re: Is there a way to extract data from a bricked PB?

Go to the nearest service centre.. you may get your data back

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Is there a way to extract data from a bricked PB?

i have a dangerous way to maybe get it to turn on again, if not comfortable dont do it.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Jump-start-a-PlayBook-a-knottyrope-tip/td...

Did you charge it for 24 hours?

Do any LED show when trying to charge? if yes then thats a good sign

good info here to assist more

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: PlayBook won't charge...does Rapid Charger Pod bypass USB issue?

Yes, and Yes.

You need to be persistent and patient with this charging process. It can take a couple of days and it can be successful. I'd honestly keep at this before you do anything else such as opening up the device as discussed in your other thread.

Charge charge charge, for hours on end, even 24 hours and every 4-5 hours, press and hold the POWER button only, for 20 seconds.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

thanks for the support, 

I've had mine plugged in for 72 hours now, nothing but a red LED for a few seconds then dark

I borrowed a charging pod from a local store and I'll leave it in overnight to see what happens

otherwise, we operate :-(  sending it for RMA is NOT an option, so I'm running out of choices

this is definitely one of those times that I wish there was some kind of removable media in this device

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A couple users here have stated they also cleaned the magnetic charging tips with a light bit of alcohol on a q-tip.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code