Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: None

Playbook Anti Virus

I have just bought a Playbook and I am delighted with it. However, I would like to know is it important to install antivirus onto it and if so what antivirus software would you recommend.

I would be grateful for any replies,

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64, Z-10, Q10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Playbook Anti Virus

Hi, I've not seen any anti-virus software for the PB and I don't think you'll need any. The PB runs QNX and BB is known for the security of their software and systems. Now that doesn't mean one day someone won't try to do something but so far it hasn't happened. Now when you log onto a public WiFi locations and file sharing is on you are at risk just like any other system. You can protect against this by going to settings and security and turning on password protect for both.

My Device: Playbook, Z10, Q10, Z30 with Files & Folders and Orbit of course
My Carrier: Vodafone

While we're on the topic: on a public Wi-fi network, always use https:// when  accessing your webmail, facebook, twitter etc. If you use http:// your password may be sent unencrypted, and anybody else on that network could see your login credentials.

Files & Folders, the unified file & cloud manager for PlayBook and BB10 with SkyDrive, SugarSync, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Docs. Free 3-day trial! - Jon Webb - Innovatology - Utrecht, Netherlands
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I believe that norton has an anti virus for those using the the beta os in the andriod player. But it is norton and it will be a hog.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: N/A

I feel very secure knowing the Playbook runs QNX. RIM knows what they are doing when it comes to security which is why Blackberry devices are found in secure corporate environments and government agencies.
My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: Virginia media

Did u found any anti virus for blackberry PlayBook 

My Device: Blackberry PlayBook
My Carrier: Virginia media

Did u found any
Super Contributor
My Device: pb
My Carrier: none

dirtyblond wrote:
Did u found any

There aren't any. You don't need them. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

not needed and read more here

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V