Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Playbook App Wishlist

jrburns47 has a more than concrete point. right now the PB is all hype...right now being the keyword, and he is also right about not so forthcoming truth about the vast desert that the PB is...yes there is stadium sized room for some amazing stuff...but alas we get trickles of(sorry developers) useless apps, i mean some of these apps are for a better word nonsense, and yes apple carries them too, and so does android, now im having a hard time understanding this new OS from the ground up if everyone is going to run Android via android player....im not a developer and wont pretend to be, but i wont pretend to not have common sense either. i DO think BB owes the release date buyers a little something for the faith...how bout new bolds(touchscreens w/ qwerty keyboard aboard) or a free admission and transport to one of those Devcon things i get emails about.
From an Apple or Android device
Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

[ Edited ]

I know having a list helps set concrete goals. But I want so many that I'll summarize it instead. I'd like it so that when I'm using my Playbook, I don't need to go back to my BB phone to do stuff. So that means fixing Bridge and implementing basic stuff like cut and paste. If I have an incoming call, I should be able to answer it without grabbing my phone - if the PB is paired to my phone via Bluetooth, of course. If I want some privacy, I can switch the call to my headset - again without taking out my BB. List goes on... I hope someone high up in the pecking order in RIM, all the way up to Jim Balsillie & Mike Lazaridis, should try to use the PB for real work with their BB phones in their pockets. Then they will experience firsthand what I mean above. They should attend client meetings with the Playbook in hand, and see the look on everyone's face (those who have iPads and Android slates) when they have to put down their Playbook to do real work using their phone.

Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook/Z10
My Carrier: TELUS

And when they encounter the need to use their BB phone because of some shortcoming in the Playbook, they should record their impressions using the Voice Notes app in the Playbook and send it immediately to the developers. Ooops, can't do that as well on the Playbook. You have to save it first, then go to email, then attach the recording to the email if you still remember the filename. Just use the BB phone then. Record and select Send.
Trusted Contributor

It is a real shame BlackBerry did this, but its just as much our fault for giving our hard earned cash
New Contributor
My Device: None at this time - Hoping for Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

i wouldblike a native remote desktop software .. logmein, teamviewer, or RIM doesnt matter ... native email ... sql and mysql management app .. skype .. exchange email
Blackberry Playbook Apps: iWitness
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530 w/ Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

App wish list:

• Pandora
  • Project management software that uses my calendar, tasks and email natively
  • Cursors to move through text fields
  • Smarter keyboard
  • Auto upper case and spelling correct
  • Answer phone from PB when it shows a call coming in
  • Play all the music stored on my phone
  • View all my phone photos
3 weeks left before return window is up. I am still holding out for some serious updates and apps.

BB Curve 8530 paired with Playbook
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

Still waiting for the included Blackberry Native Apps such as; BB Protect, BB Traffic, BB Travel, BB Feedback. Native email and an improved browser that does not drop off line on its very own.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Rogers

Many people I showed while bragging about the playbook asked: Does the playbook let you answer a call?

There absolutely no reason why the device cannot use bluetooth the answer the call.

-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Missing apps is this device's downfall. They should have a page of apps in progress/ETA  and at least a survey page so developers can gauge what people want. 

ePub reader - how hard could it be?

Adobe PDF reader does not remember your page - so reading a 300+ page book requires you to write down your page every time you close the app or if you let the battery die. Renders it pretty much useless. Also having to resize the text from the puny default every time you turn a page is incredibly bogus too.

So I bought this thing to read books and I can't! After the first week the novelty is gone and it is already starting to gather dust...

Where the heck is Skype???? Was shown in a pre-release demo but not in original release and nobody is saying anything. Is it coming or not??? The silence is awful.

Trusted Contributor

igizmo is almost impossible to dow load a magazine from