Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and PlayBook (sadly)
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook App Wishlist

In addition to the items I listed previously, it would be nice to have some sort of ability to see what the PB is actually doing... like some blinky lights next to the wireless indicator to indicate data moving.  Connection speed?  Perhaps a CPU usage percent bar like in Windows, to indicate if the PB is actually chewing on something or that the app has simply failed.  How many GB are in use?  Etc.  These might not be necessary once the bugs are worked out, but it would be nice to have them now, while we're the Beta Testers... ;-)

Visitor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

I have a different story.

Some major features are missing.

I added the playbook to my torch and I am missing quite a few features.

i can not copy a url from the browser and paste into the body of an email, or the subject for that matter.

there are no arrow keys at all. on the torch i use the trackpad to scroll through email recipients.

i think the black border could easily be used to scroll up down and side to side.

i can't swipe from full screen email message to message like on the torch. i have to hit the back button and select another message.

the default apps seem somewhat disconnected from each other.

also, if this thing is truely multiprocess/core/tasking i would love to see picture in picture.

example, i am reading an email with some quotes for parts and want to add my mark up. i would use calculator. i have to keep switching back and forth between the apps.

if there was a way to have two windows open at the same time that would be a great improvement.

I hope someone at RIM is reading this,

Eric Ramljak

Technology Translator

Computer Solutions Repair Inc.

www.csrepair.ca

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I have an application currently on Web os that I am porting, Media remote. It allows for you to control media players on the pc as well as full control of the mouse and keyboard on you pc. As soon as I get my playbook I will do final testing and send it out it comunicates on HTTP so you only have to be on the same wifi network for it to work.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Decent Word program. Font choices, colors, and auto correct, spell checker. undo, redo, bullet points,(I guess smiley faces) a working file system, password protect also. The whole marketing angle for Bridge was security, but my files and documents out in the open when Word To Go is pulled up. What is going on over there at RIM?

When I am synced with my laptop, let ME add a folder, I think I have the right to since I just plopped down over $600 bills, let the Playbook play on it's own....let the BB phone be an addition, not it's brain. You can just do your info swipe if the tablet is stolen, and if you wanted to have a real swank app let the BB wipe the tablet with the push of a button. iPhone did beat you to this, but there is a difference between recognizing a good idea and utilizing it, and then there is stupidity in letting go of the bird in the hand for precieved ones in the bush....maybe there aren't any in the bush(some great ideas are already out there, coming up with something new and unique is not ALWAYS the best way)

no flash for the camera.......too late....why.....what it going on over there at RIM?

can't read anything the phone other than contacts, mail, calender, memo pad, tasks, and you say Bridge files, but those of us with lighter wallets know that isn't true. I can't read ANYTHING on my BB Tour when I select in the Word To Go app. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing? You would think that would be the "heart" of this tablet. Confusing interface when if comes to Bridge Files, and Word to Go, they both pull up the exact same screen, maybe shade what IS on the tablet with a different color font.  Text messages can't be replied to...BUT I DO LIKE THE FACT THAT MY PLAYBOOK IS TELLING ME THERE IS SOMEONE CALLING, since I do keep my phone on vibrate...that's is innovative, and unique.

From an Apple or Android device
My Device: Bold 9650 / Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint

ANGRY BIRDS!!! weeeeeee...

Developer
My Device: BB Style
My Carrier: Sprint

I need the following apps:

* A good video conf app with voip support like skype, fring, gtalk video, yahoo messenger video, Tango

* a good comic reader app

* gps navigation

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8530 curve
My Carrier: cellular south

I wish Bridge would work on WIFI

New Contributor
My Device: Torch & Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

I'm incredibly disappointed that practically no android apps will work on the Playbook although it was promoted as being able to use android apps and especially that practically no Blackberry apps from the Blackberry appworld will work on the Playbook. It really won't do anything that my Torch can't already do better. If it could even just be a neutral passthough screen for my Torch I could live with that - too bad. It seems like a very well built and attractive unit - a good size & high quality screen & UI. Well, maybe later if RIM lasts that long now. I don't trust Blackberry anymore and am returning my Playbook this evening..

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900 Bridged to the Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: AT&T

RIM has stated that the Android Apps will operate on the Playbook, but that it will require an App Player that is forthcoming... perhaps by the end of May. I intend on giving RIM a chance and waiting at least that long for the App Player to become available.
If my response helps you correct any issue that you're having, award me a KUDO by pressing the Star below. Then press Accept As Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch & Playbook
My Carrier: ATT

I'm aware of the special app programming filter that RIM is wants developers to use to re-purpose android apps for playbook. Unfortunately, no developers seem to be jumping on that seemingly non-moving bandwagon. I say this as someone who would really like that to happen.  What especially bugs me is that only a small percentage of Bberry app world apps will run on playbook and that there's no passthrough for apps on existing bberrys to run on a bridged playbook. Staples has a 14 day return policy so there are 4 days left for me.