Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: 9630 and 64GB Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook App Wishlist

don't forget the ability to go back in the text field without deleting everything or attempting to fit your finger in between the right two letters to make a correction.
New Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 (waiting for Torch 2)
My Carrier: AT&T

Lots of minor things still need to be fixed, but that seems to be happening (albeit slowly).

My biggest need is for a file browser / file manager.  I am very tempted to purchase a Playbook, but just can't justify it without the ability to view, move, copy, rename and delete files without needing to connect to a PC.  The Playbook seems like the perfect way to carry a large batch of PDF documents (manuals, etc.), rather than having to depend upon a laptop, and it would be handy to download photos from my web site for customized portfolio presentations, but without the ability to reorganize and manipulate files it's not usable for me.

My other major "wish" is for USB On-The-Go host mode support.  The ability to connect to a card reader and transfer image files to the Playbook would make it the perfect photographer's storage, editing and display device.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

you might want to look at the Galaxy Tab, it is NEARLY perfect, but i say buy the PB too LATER, because of the interface, and the fact that galaxy tab will upgrade to gingerbread then abandoned like Android is know to do. since PB has a dual core processor any Android upgrades will most likely run on the PB. but the galaxy tab will make you feel right at home with the little files that can be renamed, deleted, all without a computer. i also recommend getting a carrier service like Sprint that will charge you $29 a month for 2,097,152 KB a month, with the option of wifi. PB will come to Sprint also but you have the right idea to wait...i should have.
From an Apple or Android device
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800 / Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Like the rest of us in the Blackberry community, I too am quite anxiously awaiting the release of my favorite Apps on the Playbook.

However, please keep in mind that RIM is not responsible for developing third-party applications for other companies.  They may work with them, but they do not do it for them.  Therefore, instead of coming here to discuss, request, or complain about specific websites or applications, I have started the Blackberry Playbook Application Initiative:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=6352648#post6352648

Here is how you can help:

1. Go to the website or forum for the application or hardware in question
  2. Is there a thread already talking about Playbook development?
  3. If there is, grab the link and post it in this thread. If there isn't one, start it and then post the link in this thread.
  4. As the application thread links are posted, they will be added to this list.
  5. Once a thread has been created, and you want to see that application developed for the Playbook, go THERE to THAT THREAD and tell them that you want it. Show them there is a demand for it within a single thread on THEIR site.

As of this writing, we have contact/feedback information for the following applications/websites:

• Dropbox
  • Evernote
  • Graphic.ly
  • Hootsuite
  • LastPass
  • Netflix
  • Pandora
  • Picnik
  • PlayOn
  • PogoPlug
  • SlingPlayer
  • Tether
  • Zune software client

I even have a form letter within the thread that you can use to start a thread if you choose to do so.

I hope that you will help me show these companies that there is a demand for their applications on the Playbook.

Note: I will be starting something similar here in these forums, but they will be specifically related to official RIM applications.

Thank you in advance.

Marc K.

@stayinginsync

stayinginsync.info

Marc K.
Twitter: @technomensch
http://stayinginsync.info
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i would like an Atari emulator for the 2600 400 and 1040ST. i have so many classic games that would be awesome on the playbook. possible to port mame?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

now that my PB works like a charm using my Tour to get on the net, i smile again.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

glad to see you are smiling again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

c'mon summer!!! get the Aplayer and game over!!!