Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

Playbook BB10 wish list

Since we have been left alone by RIM only focused on its BB10, instead of also polishing our OS2 bugs, here I write a list of things I would like to see in BB10 instead of just the smoke and mirrors presented so far:

1) About PIM

Mail app should be improved, one anoying problem in current OS2, is not having control on how to sync with POP accounts (like what to leave on the server, or how to behave when deleting mails)

Calendar app, the sync with facebook birthdays can not be fixed once it stops working (several users have reported that) and the notifications about all day events or birthdays is hard to control.

Tasks / Todo app can be heaviliy improved, any GTD (Get things done) book recommends to have different classifications instead of just 3 priorities levels....like category, urgency, importance, location (@work, @home, etc), and the reminders should have a variable snooze when the alarm is playing (this is one of the features from PalmOS I miss the most)

Contacts app I think the new Hub concept is already present in OS2

Docs To Go app....come on, the version included for playbooks is very limited and very bad...since RIM owns it, I would expect the top of the line version included.

PDF reader app.....the current one stinks, no search capability or Index browsing...maybe even better would be to include an e-book reader than handles both e-pub and pdf (just like apple does).

2) Multimedia

Video player. - needs to support common codecs but also multi-tracks for sub-titles and audio languages 

DLNA please...

Unlock access to audio/video by android apps so we can enjoy apps like skype or Netflix among others

3) BB Bridge

There are several issues:

Mail, if you want to view a BES attachment, BB phone renders a viewable graphic version, but Playbook needs to download the attachment....the problem is when the attachment exceeds the size allowed by BES admin wich is usually very small, so you can "see" it in the tiny BB screen but you can't see it with the glory of PB screen

BBM it is impossible today to end a conversation chat from PB, you need to switch to your BB for that.

4) Others

A file manager app would be desirable, like the Hub, if it could access your local files and network files (either CIFS or NFS) as well as cloud servers (Box, Dropbox, etc) but also generic WebDAV and of course bridge ones (where your SD card can be)

So it is not just about Flow and Hub.....there are several other things we are expecting to see.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Re: Playbook BB10 wish list

I would like to be able to order my photos, newest first, or have the option to pick either newest or oldest. It takes ages to scroll down to the last image when selecting for photo editing etc. 

Contributor
My Carrier: Kpn

Agree

I use the calender and task with bridge only. It is annoying that the phone can hide tasks which are completed and the playbook cannot.

I had a ipad1 which needed an seperate app for the tasks and calender so i was used to it :-)

For dropbox i have a android alternative which is working perfecty. 

Battery lifetime. This is annoying too. It should swith off the wifi - bluetooth when not used automaticly. 

We have a phone for urgent messages

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook 32
My Carrier: 3

dgoudriaan wrote:

Battery lifetime. This is annoying too. It should swith off the wifi - bluetooth when not used automaticly. 

We have a phone for urgent messages

Well my phone makes calls and txt only. I have playbook handle all my mail which it does better than my laptop. It would annoy the heck out of me if it automatically switched off wifi in standby while it is supposed to be polling for push mail.  I hope you mean an option to have auto switch off. 

________
My Device: PlayBook 32 go wifi
My Carrier: Bell

In web browser (at least) using the black border to scroll web pages. That should avoid clicking on ads by inadvertance and let us see the full screen (not hidden by the thumbs).

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

1 correction. You have been able to end conversations in BBM Bridge since the first official version.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: none

Thx....but how do you terminate a BBM conversation from Bridge? ...there are only options to add or delete contacts....

The calendar sync with facebook continues broken, even with the new 2.1 upgrade....that is more important to me than being able to use it in portrait mode...if no information show up at all.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Easy.

When you are looking at your list of chats. Just press the red 'x' at the bottom of the screen, and then the 'x' next to the chat.

Don't mistake your chat for a contact like I did!

Happy to help.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Playbook 64gb (wifi)
My Carrier: orange UK

Regards to all (except BB)