Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Palybook
My Carrier: Virgin

Playbook Bluetooth

Hi,

I've paired my Blackberry Curve successfully to my Playbook but when I try to send an image by Bluetooth to the Playbook  I'm getting a message on the phone saying that it failed to find a service, can anyone explain.

Also I have paired a different phone and that can't send bluetooth photos to the Playbook, but the two phones send bluetooth omages between each other great

When I go into the Playbook and select Bluetooth and then one of the paired devises the connect button is shaded out so is not active, am I missing something is there a fault on the Playbook

cheers

Phil

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Re: Playbook Bluetooth

Bluetooth is for tethering and for a very limited number of peripherals.  I think you need bridge to transfer data to phones. 

Sarah.
New Contributor
My Device: Palybook
My Carrier: Virgin

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the reply, my understanding is that Bluetooth works on any device for sending data between them, so the  Playbook only has Bluetooth for tethering I must admit I've also tried bluetoothing a photo from the playbook and that's not a function either.

cheers

Phil

Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

Wifi and USB were also designed to communicate between devices, but there are different implementations of wifi USB and Bluetooth, and Playbook will communicate in only a limited way in all three.  

I have a simple bluetooth earpiece which I can use with my phone, and my laptop, but not my Playbook. It's disappointing. 

Sarah.