Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Playbook/Desktop Manager: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your BlackBerry device.

Hello,

I have searched the forums and have done several different actions to try to clear my issue. 

Playbook OS 2.1.0.1526

PC Windows 7

TCP/IP NetBios Helper to Automatic

I have preformed a Playbook reset and removed and reloaded the Desktop software ( reseting the PC afterwards).  I have used different ports and different USB cables.  The new software reconizes my device after the driver loaded, but in the Media Sync portion, I recieve an error that the playbook cannot connect.  It does see my device.  back up my device and verify that I am on the latest software version.

The issue seems to be that the plyabook isn't being seen as a drive.   I can manually assign it as a drive, and work with my files manually, but I cannot get media sync to work.   Has anyone found a solution when windows isn't reconizing the device and only media sync isn't working?

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Playbook/Desktop Manager: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your BlackBerry device.

Hey Grooge,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest following the steps in this KB article to get your BlackBerry PlayBook accessed as a network drive: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB29612

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: Mobinil

Re: Playbook/Desktop Manager: A problem occurred while attempting to connect to your BlackBerry device.

I have the same problem and can't fix it.

My Device: Torch 9800, Playbook 16GB & 32GB
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I had the same problem.  Go here and at least you can map the volume:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/playbook-connects-pc-but-doesnt-communicate-74...

Look down at number 9 from Bronco and he will walk you through it.