Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

Playbook Display Corrupt and Won't Reset

My playbook has mostly crashed.  The display doesn't respond to most commands although it does go to sleep and then wake with the bottom to top swipe.  The display shows some applications, the title bar and the browser is shown as running.  The display is largely corrupt and after I tried connecting to it in desparation with the remote control application I see a cursor moving randomly across the screen even though I disconnected the remote.

I have tried holding the power button for 30s and it doesn't do anything.  I press power, vol- and vol+ for 30s and I hear a camera click but my Playbook never resets.

I can connect to it with my Blackberry Bold as a remote, but it isn't helpful in forcing a restart.  Also the PC can connect to it, but it has trouble performing any actions on the tablet - it's only partially responsive.

Is there another way to force a reset?  Is there a way to force a reset from my PC?

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nessuno

Re: Playbook Display Corrupt and Won't Reset

have you tried the factory reset that is:
connects the pb (on) the computer, and run the blackberry desktop
then connected with the pb reset the tablet
you will come out a window, click on update
Follow the instructions and you're done in about 30 minutes
If I helped you click (LIKE) thanks