Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Playbook Enterprise Activation

Hi

I need to setup email for a client of mine remotely, using enterprise activation, on his playbook.  I have done this setup for many blackberry smartphones yet i hit a stump with the playbook.  According to him everytime he tries to bridge with his smartphone though he gets an error saying he doesnt have permissions to do it and he should contact iT.  Could someone please assist by telling me what permissions need to be changed or of an alternative way to do the enterprise activation on the playbook.

Kind regards,

A guy who never touched a playbook before.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Playbook Enterprise Activation

If he is trying to access his BES email via Blackberry Bridge on his handset and he is receiving an error saying he is not allowed, its either due to his handset not being compatible (OS5 and above I think) or there is an IT policy on the BES server that prevents Blackberry Bridge. 

If he wants to receive his email directly on the Playbook rather than via his Handset then as long as he can access his email from an internet connection without any VPN he should be able to set the email up just by entering his user name and password on the Playbook. 

Otherwise, he may need to be activated via BlackBerry Balance which is a seperate add on for BES. 

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thank you will give that a try.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what version BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V