Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook, 9780
My Carrier: MTN
Accepted Solution

Playbook First time setup

I bought a Playbook over a week ago and i have not been able to set it up.  At the first attempt the playbook downloaded the software update up to about 143 MB before the internet failed. Since the i have been having the following error "Could not connect to update server (3000) or (2011)" I would like to know if someone else has had a similar experience and what can be done to fix it. Thanks in advance. 

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Playbook First time setup

Check this link for setting up PlayBook for the first timer 'Bootup & Initial Setup Video for the BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet'

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Follow this procedure:
download latest BB desktop manager
call customer support  (need to register on line first with your device serial number) this is what they advised
power off playbook (hold down power button until 'turn off' / 'restart' buttons appear--choose turn off'
open desk top manager (it will ask you to connect to your device' via usb cable
connect your playbook to desktop
DO NOT LET playbook turn itself on when connected (hold down power button when a red power light appear on it)
You will get error message on BB desktop manager ' can not connect to device; with an option to 'update' 
This message takes a few tries to get and doesn't stay for long so you need to be quick
choose 'update' on this error message pop up window
it will update via BB desktop manager 
New Contributor

Do I need to call contact support before trying this?
Forums Veteran I

If it has not been registered as yet, you should because if it is not registered, you won't get the proper download.
New Contributor

I was able to select ' i agree' on the blackberry id  agreement page. does that count as registration?

Forums Veteran I

Yes, Go for it and let us know how things turn out. Good luck.
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Quadro

hi there, i am trying to set my new playbook and am having the same problem as the original post...I have tried to download desktop and it will not run or install it because it says it doesnt know the publisher or was interupted.  What am I doing wrong, I have a little girl who just wants to play with the tablet that santa brought and I havent been able to make it work in over 24hrs for her...any advise would be appreciated.  thanks in advance