Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: none

Re: Playbook Future

Hello there, What about a complete overhall of the OS.  I am referring to a complete drop/erase of OS 2 and install Android Ice Cream Sandwich.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

icemanswimmer wrote:

Hi,

They PlayBook is still on  RIM's plans, we will have another update and the 4G model will see the light soon too.

Who is this "we" you refer to?

Are you claiming you work for RIM?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

turdusturdus wrote:

Now hear this:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-investor/rim-to-chop-5000-jobs-delays-launch-of-blackberry-10/a...

How can this be? And, don't tell me this is good news. Time I thought of buying something new? How sad is that? 

I feel bad for the ones with no job. Cant sa if it is good news or not. I bet there will be less need for Java programming and there was mention of too much managment. since we dont know who is being let go, we can only hope they are going to cut out dead wood and leave the talent intact.

I am upgraing our Office today in Canada to OS 7 devices and have no worries about it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: shaw

While you're solving problems, how about the Messages app that keeps crashing and requires a reboot to get it back running. Problem seems to be with Accounts, which crashes simultaneously, along with Calendar. Oh well, back to OS 1.0