Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10
My Carrier: Fido Canada

Playbook LCD needed. Where can I purchase one?

I have a Playbook with a broken LCD screen. The touch screen is fine so I am just looking to get a replacement LCD. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Remember, There is never a stupid question, just stupid answers.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Re: Playbook LCD needed. Where can I purchase one?

You're probably new to gadgets... You need to ditch it and buy a new one.

Even if you could get a replacement part, the price would be a lot more than a complete new unit...

Check how you paid for it, you may have a credit card that offers an extended warranty.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8100 -> Bold 9000 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9930 -> Bold 9780 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10

Actually I have been repairing "gadgets", Phones, Computers, Plasma and LCD TV's and monitors and basically any other broken piece of electronics that have graced my presence for about 25 years and I have found an LCD on a classified site but it is the whole assembly.

Screen Assembly:

LCD Screen
Digitizer
Bezel
Front Camera
Rear Camera
Headphone Jack

and that is for $90 but I was hoping to just replace the cracked LCD and perhaps save a bit of dough. So, If anybody knows of a web site or supplier of Playbook parts I would appreciate any lead you could supply me. Thanks..

Or.. If someone on here is just doing what miatared suggested and are ditching their broken Playbook, drop me a line and perhaps I could cover the shipping to me if you would not mind.. Thanks again.

("If any advice that was offered by me helped, Please click on the Thumbs up on the post or click Accept as Solution. Thanks and it was nice to help you out ")

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

check on ebay for digitizer, looks to be about 36 USD

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Sorry, but the part I was seeking was the "LCD" not the digitizer.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Well, at $199 for a new 16 GiG model and a 32 Gig for $249, I can't see the logic of replacing an LCD at those prices...

That was my thinking.

If you think it's worth it, good for you my friend.

Regards,