10-14-2013 10:23 AM
I am having problems with a Blackberry Playbook that will not charge or turn on. The red LED light blinks twice and then pauses for about 5 seconds and blinks twice again over and over. I know that in order for the Playbook to charge it needs to be on but I have tried everything to get it to take a charge. Everything includes:
- Putting it on the charger for 2 minutes unplugging it then plugging it in again for 2 minutes and so on for 10 minutes then holding the power button for 30 seconds then plugging it back in for 4-6 hours.
- Holding the power button and unplugging and plugging the charger in 7 times, repeated that 10 times, then allowed to charge 2 1/2 hours
- Hard reset (Power + Volume down + Volume up)
- Charged it from the wall for about 48 hours
- Plugged it into my computer and tried the above again
- Charged it from my computer for about 65 hours
- 3 different power cords that I know work because I charged other playbooks on them the same day
- Checked the prongs on the inside and compared them to other Playbooks and no difference
I have been working on this for a little over a week now and I have Googled it every which way I can think but none of the steps I have come across so far have worked. Is this Playbook savable or is it destined for the technology graveyard? If anyone has any other ideas I can try I would really appreciate it. Thank you.
10-25-2013 10:03 PM
I'm not sure if this will help you or not but I recently had a friend with the same issue and it was the USB port. It is very easy to force the wrong way in and damage the opening. There are 2 ways to charge a playbook. I used a magnetic charger and it charged up just fine. I would suggest you borrow one first and see if it will charge before buying one. They were available through Amazon for about $15. I paid over 50 for my own. It will also double as a stand for your bedside. The connection is **bleep** proof too.
Hope this helps