Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook OS 2.2 - forget about BB10 on Playbook

Why would you want to Downgrade like that? I wouldn't touch Android with a 10 bit node.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900; Playbook 32GB Wifi
My Carrier: T-Mobile

"Why would you want to Downgrade like that?"

Because a lot-if not most-of us bought the Playbook to be the entertainment part of the set. And the Playbook in it's current form isn't much good for entertainment. Most of the best apps aren't available for PBOS, so loading Android would allow us to use the PB more effectively.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, PB 16G
My Carrier: Att

Well I'll just keep mine as is, I use mine for business and really don't need a bunch of apps. Mine with my trusty old 9800 works flawlessly for me, no way will I upgrade to OS10 till there's a fully functional bridge between the two 

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Z10 L.E.
My Carrier: Vodafone NL

Adding this would be really hard. Cascades is a whole UI framework built on top of Qt 4 and other low level libraries and APIs like OpenGL and the Native SDK itself. And I believe that's exactly what they were doing but its performance never got the excelency levels they were expecting. 

I considerered adding official Qt 5 to the list but I didn't find any sources saying that it is already supported on BB10 and the whole idea was to bring over what's available.

This would enable some developers to create some nice Native apps. The Playbook can run Qt 4.8 already and even run some Symbian apps. Like this;

http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/developing-playbook-qt-creator-792502/

Cheers!