Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: TMobile

Playbook OS Idea (Email Sync)

In the next update you should create a piece of software that takes all of the email accounts I have set up on my blackberry bold 9700 and creates a little thing that says "Would you like to transfer your email accounts to your Blackberry Playbook?" "Yes/No" then it shows a list of all the email accounts by name each with its own check box next to it. The checkboxes are essential. What if there is a particular email address you don't want on your tablet?

This feature should also work with apple mac osx mail (snow leopard, lion, mountain lion) & MS Win outlook etc...

Also, it should be made clear that the bridge browser is not gone it's just always on when bluetooth bridge enabled, maybe a little www globe showing connectivity near the bridge icon. 

Also, red in the corner is a little too serious a color for messages. Makes me feel like the tablet is about to self destruct. Blue is prettier, or white. Red alert, feel like I'm on star trek. 

Ya, don't forget about my horizontal keyboard idea. Split that sucker in two. 

The web article reader app needs a font zoom button. I also think it could do with a little strategic redesign of the buttons back, forward, etc. Some could be moved to the bezel, with simply an arrow indicating tap here and it will do this. 

Don't forget about the frame rates in the media app, and news app, and apps accross the board. 

Don't forget about netflix, hulu, thedailyshow.com (flash player problems). 

Also, there is an occasional bug in the web article reader app that I talked about somewhere. It only happened when the article was loaded vertically. Don't forget need a way to load multiple pages in the web article reader. Maybe a little button, if the algorithm to snag multiple pages is pattented. 

Also, I don't know if it's a technology difference, a backlight choice, hardware or software but the screen on my Macbook pro has such better contrast, and is easier on my eyes. Whites are nicer. Text just pops. I know that when I calibrate my screens for photographic accuracy (color spectrometer), the white issue happens to them. I notice that the playbook is very photo accurate. Maybe there should be two checkboxes in the screen options, one that says "Photo accurate []" and one that says "Readability []" Also, I have a feeling that as the backlight changes, multiple calibrations are needed, with each one loading with successive levels of ambient light and backlight. Maybe this is why the MBP has such a good white in all lighting conditions. I thought the playbook had an IPS? I know that one way to save money is on less expensive backlights, but I don't know what I"m talking about when it comes to the part selection of playbook. 

Overall, I really love the little tablet (btw I'm not the only one, watch the recent engadget pre apple show video from today the guy really likes the playbook) in fact a lot of people do which means you guys are heading in the right directionSmiley Happy. Kinda wish I could take notes on it with a stylus. Maybe you could work with otterbox to create a digitizer add on via bluetooth. If you do go that route, phat pad had the best notes app years ago, and I bet they are still pretty awesome. Just make sure if you do the notes route, you figure a way to prevent the device from slowing way down when the note files get large. Gotta be quick to do math work or notes by hand. 

All for now.