Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues

I have searched for this topic and can only find issues with wifi on OS2 beta, and that problem is not the same as mine now (where it couldn't find any networks). I have also posted this in another section of the forum accidently - it is my first post.... SORRY!!!

I downloaded the update the morning via the desktop software as it started to download via wifi then it didn't complete the update.

OS2 is now installed perfectly, but my PB won't connect to encrypted wifi networks. I work for an IT Support company and have had an engineer troubleshoot it where it would only connect to a wifi hotspot on an Android phone, it finds but won't connect to our internal wifi network whereas it used to before with the previous OS.

Any suggestions or anyone else having the same issues? I want to play!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Playbook OS2 and Encrypted Wifi Issues

If the network doesnt show under the available network options then try to connect manually.

Trusted Contributor

Tried that already, no help.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: 7055853032

Having the same trouble. It was connecting fine before the update. Now it does not show the WI/FI network. I've tried to manually connect, with no luck. 

Trusted Contributor

I have got the free support number as I have had PB for less than 90 days. Leaving work now but will call them and update tomorrow. Will see if it connects to Wifi at home as it is a different encryption to my work network Smiley Happy
New Contributor

I'm on the line with 90 day support. . .

New Contributor

This is a long tech support. So far they've had me powercycle the router. . .didn't help. . .they've had me check bluetooth connectivity. . .I only have a keyboard which it detects, but won't connect to (it's a logitech mx5000 and I didn't expect it to connect, though it did detect it. I'm 51 minutes into the call with out being any closer to a solution. . .

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

I had the same problem. In order solve this I resetted the software to the factory settings. Once done during the setup process, the blacberry connected to the wifi and updated to the ver 2.0 automatically. It is now running and encrypted wifi working like a charm.

Contributor
My Device: Black Berry playbook OS
My Carrier: AT&T

Can you tell us how you set it back to the factory setting for those of us that are not   that familiar with the playbook Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Restore PB to factory default[ Edited ]

1. Open PB Desktop Manager

2. Connect PB to PC

3. Shut down PB by pressing power button and + and - switches at the same time and disconnect PB from Desktop Manager

4. Connect PB to PC

5. When PB connection process has begun Desktop Manager will try to connect to the Desktop Manager and display a popup window "option to Update" select update

6. This will take a long time approximate 20-25 minutes

7. Follow on screen instruction at the end.

Note: update option may require two or three attempts. I had to do it twice. The first attempt gave me an error message stating that  it could not connect to PB or something like that and asks to try update again. You have to go through the whole process as described above until you have successfully updated the software. Patience is required to be successful.