Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: bb playbook
My Carrier: bell

Re: Playbook Paperweight: What now?

If you have a multi meter some patience and some electrical ability see the post jump starting your playbook im attempting this now you will have to canabalize a charger but considering how cheap you can find  them should be worth the risk.

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A good suggestion when ALL else fails, but buzzi has not exhausted his available and viable options yet.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Playbook, Torch
My Carrier: Bell

First, I have called. Should I give you the incident number?

Second, I have simply stated the facts in my situation. None of these fixes (applied over the last 3 days) have worked so far. And guess what? I'm not alone.

Third, the chargers are more expensive in Canada, so please don't argue if you don't even know.

Finally, RIM has NOT taken responsibility. Obviously as this is still going on. I would just like to know why RIM would continue to produce them in this way. This is a silly way to put out a product.

And, I'm really starting to detect a RIM employee here. Rather than argue with me, why not ask the same question of them. We (consumers) should not even have to look for "fixes". A responsible complany would handle that for us.

Hey dude, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

You have an incident number? Why did you say above "I did. Looks like I would have to pay for a repair."?

I'm not arguing with you. Just giving you your options. Sounds like you've got a RMA in the works with RIM.

Again, you've made your complaint. What more do you need here in the forum?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Im not sure who is agruing of course I havent read every post either.  The chargers are more expensive here in canada but if you wanted to find one and did some searching you can find them online the quick charger you can find for aound 20-30 dollars.  I completely agree with you RIM should be responsible for repairing a known defect its no different then the dealership I work for repairing even out of warrenty vehicles when a possible re occuring failure is happening.  It would not surprise me to know there are rim employee's on here.  I was told the same as you they were un willing to help me unless I wanted to pay the $90  for the repair my reply was why would i do that when I could buy a new one (which I would never do) for $120.  At the end of the day I came to the conclusion my playbook doesnt work so potentially I cant do more harm to it then it not working already so id rather try someting.  If this doesnt work the next repair step im taking is the hammer and my wallet over to apple for a ipad, but im not there yet.   Soon but not yet.  Good luck

Well, it would be helpful if you were to read every post.

RIM employees are on this forum.. constantly. They rarely comment on issues and primarily catch up on old posts which have had no replies offered by actual forum members/users.

And yes, I know the rapid chargers can be bought in Canada for $20-30 or I would not have suggested that route.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

I was responding to buzzt's post not yours sorry for the confusion

Contributor

Don't bother, DragonR1; not worth the arguement.

We are to believe that consumers should just accept the fact that there is a problem, ignore the fact nothing is being done about it and shell out more money for something there is no guarantee will work.

Problem solved. For RIM anyway...

Meh. I neither believe nor accept that as fact.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

You're entitled to that opinion (the ostriche technique). As am I (and a LOT of playbook owners) to mine.