Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook Support Experience

A few weeks ago i sent in my Blackberry PlayBook for USB repair as it was damaged due to plugging it in the wrong way. Both a user issue and a design issue as many people have had the same issue. I wont go there.

Initially, RMA emailed saying my HDMI was damaged. I emailed back and also called them back saying, it was the USB that was damaged and not the HDMI. HDMI was in perfect condition. The Support rep confirmed saying sometimes, when it is USB damaged, RMA checks HDMI and emails about HDMI as well. I negated that and said HDMI was not damaged, it was the USB.  Support confirmed later that USB would be fixed. I even received an email saying thet USB would be fixed free, and HDMI would not be fixed. I was ok because HDMI was never an issue.

BB Support portal finally said, Device repaired and sent back to the customer.

However, its not a happy ending... read the rest on my blog,

http://kullas.blogspot.com/2013/03/best-or-worst-of-blackberry-playbook.html

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Re: Playbook Support Experience

[ Edited ]

Such an experience is unacceptable.  Does BB farm out its repair work?  I always have problems when this is done by third parties that seem more bent on blaming the customer than actually following clear direction and doing what has been requested in writing.  This is not unique to BB but that does not make the situation acceptable.

Too often in these places, inconvenient correspondence is "lost" or the repair facility claims it was never sent, until the proof is put right in front of their face.  Even then, there is a lot of emming and awwwing.

I am presuming, of course, that the OP is being completely up front about the situation.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB
New Contributor

There is definately some communication and training issue between BB support and their RMA.... I have been with BB for past many many years but this was the first time i really needed support and i lucked out. I surprised that when i sent in my pb for charging issue, the least the RMA could have doen was charge the dead playbook a little bit so atleast i could turn it on. Its just these little things that show how much concern they have for the users.

anyways, i am hoping to get this issue resolved soon and will update with more info.

New Contributor

** so not all was lost and ended in a much better experience from what i had experienced earlier. Customer Loyalty from Blackberry graciously decided to replace my Playbook plus a rapid charger ($25+ value) and a nice carrying case. They were proactive to contact me the next day I posted on their forum, heard my complaint, and decided to ship me the pb the very next day. Now thats what I call customer service excellence! I wished that their support process which goes through a third party would improve and just do the right thing when it comes to situations like these. Thank you BlackBerry, I am sure this will go a very long way for me and many who are reading this.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: WiFi only (well, I do have a cheap Nokia with 7/11 SpeakOut)

Now that's what I call excellent service.  

I am generally convinced that this is not the same old RIM we are used to from the past.  I have seen evidence elsewhere that BB is making great strides in changing the mindset at the company and is placing great emphasis on user / customer experience.

PlayBook 64GB and 32 GB