Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook Support from Blackberry (RIM) poor

I just called support today for my issue, very pleasant and helped me along with my unique issue. Should hear back in a few days as the issue is known and I found a few things out to assist with a fix.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK
My Carrier: ICE

I've also called several times, because

1. It's free
2. The waiting time is not as long as in other places.

They have helped me every time, if not in the moment, in the next few days, and I like the fact that they call you instead of you calling back. That's great
Trusted Contributor

"I just called support today for my issue"

Hey Knottyrope, if it's ok for me ask... what is your issue??
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64 Gb
My Carrier: Rogers

The people I've talked to at RIM support have always been very courteous and have always tried to help.  Most of my calls ended with something along the lines of "That is not currently supported on the Playbook", or "There are no plans to implement that feature at this time."  I never intended to imply that the people answering the phones were rude or didn't know what they were talking about, it's just that there is a lot that they just can't fix and they can't answer any questions about when it might be fixed.

I suspect that a lot of the problems I have with the Playbook will be fixed by app developers before they will be fixed by RIM, as is the case with the File Manager.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

i tried to download every free app and now cant backup with desktop manager.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

EVW
New Contributor
My Device: BB 9300 smartphone
My Carrier: Vodacom

I still feel and belief that with the competition being so intense these days , example Ipad 2, that RIM must collate all the generic problems and some functionalities , like printing, attachments , media ect and as a matter of urgency add these fixes and apps to an update. Because what's happening now is that everyone asking me if my playbook is great is not getting the answer RIM would like me to give.
Trusted Contributor

Hi Knottyrope
How big is the backup?