Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB
My Carrier: Globe

New Playbook Update Problem to version 2.1.0.1088

I just bought a new BB Playbook on Amazon and I'm having trouble on my first use, the os update always fail. The download was complete and installation reaches 100% but in the end it says Update failed and requires a restart. I have done this several times already and I have no luck! I am using a wifi connection at home which is pretty decent. Can anyone help me please, I don't know what else to do as this is my first tablet. I would appreciate any help from you guys. 

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Mtn

Re: Playbook Update problem

I have a similar problem as above. Any help? I have done up to 3 updates without hassle , but this latest update is killing. I regret ever trying d update. Pls help
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Have you done a backup of files before doing the update?
Contributor

Yes. I wiped all d tab, yet same problem of installation. Pls help.
Forums Veteran I

So if you have a backup, that is good. I want you to do a Security Wipe. Go to the gear wheel in the top right corner and tap it. Scroll down to Security, then select Security Wipe. This will wipe all files from your PlayBook. When it is complete, it will show that you have an update available, likely the latest update. Do not do the update if you have the choice. I don't remember if you can cancel this or not. If you can skip it, restore your backup you made but when you connect to your computer to do the restore the Desktop Manager may want to do the update again. Try not to allow this to happen. Just do the restore.
Contributor

I did not backup my files using d desktop manager. I did exactly what u asked me to do, but the only icon I have on my screen now is just the browser. Pls help.
Contributor

Someone help me. Pls. My playbook is now a paper weight.
Forums Veteran I

The only icon you have is the browser and it is located in the top section, The Quick Start Box. You should be able to do a reboot and all your icons should come back.
Contributor

I have tried reboot for more than 5 times , yet no luck. Can u send me a link to downgrade the OS? Pls help. Thanks in advance.
Forums Veteran I

When I did a Security Wipe in early December, it cleaned off all files plus the latest upgrade. After it did the Wipe, it showed that there was a upgrade available with a size of approximately 400 mb. If I dud not do this upgrade, the OS would have been the previous version.
This is what I was hoping would happen to you, do the Wipe but not do the upgrade so it would revert back to the previous version. There is no method to go back to the previous version. Perhaps you should call for BlackBerry Technical Support. Here are their numbers, available 24/7
BlackBerry Playbook Help desks:
Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
Germany: 0800 1816530 (Gebührenfrei)
North-America: 1 877 255 2377 (Toll Free)
UK: 0808 100 7466 (Toll Free UK only)
Outside UK: +44 1753 558400
Worldwide: 1 519 888 6181