Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Teksavvy
Accepted Solution

Playbook Wifi stops working and I have to reconnect to make it work again?

I've had this problem for over half a year and I was just too lazy to contact support because I keep forgetting.  But what happens is basically when I use Wifi on the Playbook such as watching YouTube videos (which I do most on the Playbook), the Wifi would simply stop working, and although the Wifi indicator still shows up as green, it's just a fake indication because I tried the browser and some other apps on the Playbook that require Wifi and none of them work either.  This happens a lot when I temporary power off the Playbook and when I power it on again, the Wifi would then need to be restarted and the Youtube video plays until the point it was loaded before I temporarily power off the Playbook.

This might be a problem with my modem because my dad's laptop also has the same problem with restarting the Wifi on his laptop but my desktop does not have this problem and runs smoothly without needing to restart the Wifi every 2 minutes.

Quite a frustrating problem, any solutions would be appreciated.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Re: Playbook Wifi stops working and I have to reconnect to make it work again?

You could try changing the security type that's used on your wifi network.

But if a laptop is having trouble as well, then it might be easier to try a different wifi router.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Teksavvy

How do I change the security type of my wifi network? And I don't have any other routers at the moment unless I buy a new one.
Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

You need to go into the admin page of the router.

The options are WEP, WPA and WPA2.

Or you can turn off security temporarily to be sure.

You'll need to check your routers instructions on how to do it.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!