Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PLaybook
My Carrier: ATT

Playbook Wont Turn on, Wont Light up

hi, okay so i think i am doing something wrong or something, at first my table would turn on just the red, now i guess it went dead and now it wont charge , and i read before about how if you unplug and plug back in you can charge it,
but now the problem is when i ket plugging it in the red light would come on for like a sec and then now nothing at all, i tryed the computer but my computer cant read the table when it has no power to connect, please please can someone help me, i dont understand why my playbook will not turn on, will not charge will not even have the red light come on, please anyone have the same problem or can help me fix it, i have been going crazy for 3 days oh i also tried the power and + volume and still nothing at all .. 

Contributor
My Device: torch 9800 playbook64
My Carrier: att

Re: Playbook Wont Turn on, Wont Light up

Mine has the same issue and when I can get it to turn onand connect it goes through the OS update and then says it has encountered an error.

This is an unbelevialbe amount of hardship for a tablet to make the owner jump through hoops and the RIM company having a non-exixtant customer support structure.......IF I ever get this thing up and running I will sell it straight way no device is worth this much trouble. I do this with vehicles and TV's and laptops if it is an underperformer and customer suervice is poor I'm done.

Hope you get a solution to your issues. I have tried three different cables and still  no difference at all.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Cheshkitty,
Connect the PlayBook to the charger and plug it in. Hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds. Leave it sit overnight recharging. It sounds as if your battery is totally dead. In the meantime you can Google the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles. KB26808, KB27705, KB26516, KB26708.
My Device: Playbook 32GB

I was having the same issue. Thank you! That worked (I have the model with the lowered power button, so possibly I wasn't holding down the button correctly).

New Contributor

okay i will try that and give an update tomorrow if it works, cause i cant even get a red light to come on Smiley Sad

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Lost_at_Sea wrote:
Cheshkitty,
Connect the PlayBook to the charger and plug it in. Hold down the Power Button only for 20 seconds. Leave it sit overnight recharging. It sounds as if your battery is totally dead. In the meantime you can Google the following BlackBerry Knowledge Base articles. KB26808, KB27705, KB26516, KB26708.

I think tbey may have withdrawn the last two articles

hi so i tired what you said and i have nothing, i still dont even have a red light when i plug it in, ... i did when i first start trying everyone elses ideas before i posted this, but i have nothing at all now Smiley Sad

Contributor

I'm talking to RIMM CS directly and she told me we no longer have to use the three finger salute. Merely hold down the power button for 20 seconds.

I've done all that connected to DM and it has downloaded OS and is now at full bar progress of 'connecting to device' The LED flashes every second or two. When the dialog box pops up I will call RIMM CS back with case number and  proceed.

I told her I would not take a single step w/o them on the phone so there can be no assumptions that I did something wrong.

We shall see and I will post results.

In the mean time hope this helps you towards your reocver efforts of your PB.

Contributor

ANother update: RIMM CS told me that the LED blinking twice at a time means that th edownload was not successful and it cuold be due to a dropped internet connection or my computer going to sleep. So, repeating the download steops and setting computer to not go into sleep mode after 15 minutes to make sure this is a good install will update on the results. Hope this helps you out also!

New Contributor

but my problem is, i cant even get a red light to come on at all anymore, like my table is doing nothing