Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook acting up / Need a new one ?

Hi,

Today my Playbook that I bought on the first day, is refusing to charge past 96%, it is on the base and there is no way to make it go past 96%, as soon as it get to 96% it just shows as disconnected from the power supply and some time it drains on its own or it simply stays at 96%

So my question is do I need to buy a new one before this one keeps acting up and dies on me

Thanks

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook acting up / Need a new one ?

mine did similar before, just run it down to 20% a few times and it should calibrate back

might have to restart it as well

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III

[ Edited ]

I restarted it al ready many times before I got here for the help, same as using the stacking thing and none of it work

And on top of it now it will not get any mail unless I forced it, and it also keeps showing that there is 1 or more e-mail that are not read even though all of those in the list are

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I would hold off until OS 2.1 is released which might be tomorrow for all we know

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Forums Advisor III

With my luck the rest of the bridge and perhaps the whole device will stop working after installing it :-)

Martin
Guru III
My Device:

well I wish you luck even if you dont think you deserve it

Forums Advisor III

knottyrope wrote:

well I wish you luck even if you dont think you deserve it

Thank Knottyrope, it is just that since OS 2.0, things are starting to not work then out of the blue they work then they stop again, had to buy all the programs I installed again because the computer forced an update that erased every thing on my Playbook, and now these, and the worse is if it dies I can no longer get help since I can only use this place with the Playbook

Oh well :-)

Martin
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

Even though the email has been read, you have to physically touch the email again to clear it from posting an unread email. Scroll through your email, and find the ones that the headings are still in bold typeset, touch them, the notifications disappear. 

Forums Advisor III

kingfreeze wrote:

Even though the email has been read, you have to physically touch the email again to clear it from posting an unread email. Scroll through your email, and find the ones that the headings are still in bold typeset, touch them, the notifications disappear. 

That is just it, I have no e-mail that are bold or that I have not touch to open them, all have been touched and all are not bold

Martin
Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook, Q10
My Carrier: sprint

[ Edited ]