Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: roger
Accepted Solution

Playbook after upgrading to 2.1.0.1917 will not charge

did upgrade to 2.1.0.1917 on Friday and will not charge.  used every way, the wall usb charger,.... nothing now makes the charges to works.  My BB Z10 on same electric USB wall charger works.

Wayne

Contributor
My Device: Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook after upgrading to 2.1.0.1917 will not charge

Mine won't even turn on
Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

Have you tried using a different mains socket? What happens if you connect your PB to a Mac/PC via USB?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

You said you used every way...  there are only 3 ways..  usb from cumputer cable...  standard wall charger through USB connection ( Mini USB port ) and the Magnetic quick charger which is the same as the quick charger docking station..   if the USB Mini port is  no longer valid ( look forward to that being the condition if not now , then soon )  this would be a result.   USB port is a slow charge anyways...  not the proper solution...  EVER.   The more use the USB mini mort gets the sooner it will be a non viable option...  should ONLY be used tor Balckberry Desktop conection use...

Let us all know if this is the case..   you can buy an Magnetic quick charger or docking station ( which is pretty cool ) on e bay for 8 or 9 dollars..  Let us know how long you have had this unit and if you think you have abused the USB connection port... once you get the magnetic 3 pin connector to charge the unit.

New Contributor

4 different electric sockets and no charging.  Playbook using usb in computer and it says that it will not charge the usb playbook through a computer.  That is the same thing it has said since I've had it it always says that it will not charge on usb in the computer, that hasn't changed since upgrade on 2.1.0.1917.

Thx

Trusted Contributor

So, will your charger work with another appliance? If so that eliminates the charger and points the finger at the PB USB port, leaving you with the quick charger port ad your probable only option.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook & BlackBerry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

I finally got it up and running. Thank you for your responce
Trusted Contributor

One up and running, one to go (joyco66) then...
Trusted Contributor

Don't forget to try a Hard Rest by holding the Power, Volume Up and Volume Down keys all together until the PlayBook shuts off and/or the power LED illuminates solid.
New Contributor

I had forgotten to do that only I reset. I will do it as soon as I get home. I left it at home Monday and I am not there again until Thursday now.

Thx