Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: roger

Re: Playbook after upgrading to 2.1.0.1917 will not charge

Test on Hard Rest by holding the Powre, Volume Up - Down and

- Orange charger - not charging for PlayBook but Z10 working in same USB cable

- USB to Computer - Unable to charge battery with connected source

- Docking Station - not charging

- Wall charger electric to USB - charging

Thank you 

Wayne

Trusted Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 32G LTE & 4G, PlayBook 64G, Z30
My Carrier: 3 UK

There's also some excellent links on the PB charging characteristics on this post:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Play-book-wont-power-up-or-light-just-bli...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook
My Carrier: verizon

If it is not charging...   you must use the magnetic 3 pin charger or docking station to determine if it will  receive a charge or not...  there is pretty much no reason for it not to charge...  if you are attemtping to use the auto distruct port...  MIni USB port to charge it...  DO NOT DO SO.. NEVER DO SO.. QUIT DOING SO...   THAT PORT SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR TRANSFERRING FILES BY BLACKBERRY DESKTOP...  the more you use it the quicker it wii become a non functioning access port...  IT IS A SLOW CHARGE AT BEST...   do not use it with the 120 voilt transformer or the car charger...   DO NOT USE IT TO CHARGE THE UNIT...   

IT WILL  LESSEN THE TIME THAT PORT HAS VALUE...

If you are reporting now that that connection will not allow the playbook to charge... let us know...  when you plug the power into the playgbook.. it really does not have to charge fully... you will see the red battery icno lit for awhile if it below 7%....  it will come up more...   be patient...   ALLWAYS USE THE MAGNETIC QUICK CHARGER... ( 3 pin connection)   if you do not have one...  they are 8 or 9 dollars on e bay....    Let us know how you fare