Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Q5 - PlayBook - Curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin
Accepted Solution

Playbook & Facebook

When ever i go on to Facebook on my Playbook desktop i never shows the pictures of the people who posted, it only shows a blank picture.... How can i make it display the person who posted it?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playbook & Facebook

That's been a known issue with Facebook on the Playbook for quite some time. No idea if/when it will be fixed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Passport, Z30 & Playbook
My Carrier: GiffGaff

Hmm, I posted this question a long time ago and got a similar response. How hard can it be to display some pictures? To debug / fix is gonna be a mornings work at best. It's really poor support.
Contributor
My Device: Q5 - PlayBook - Curve 9300
My Carrier: virgin

Ouch.!!! I think i will let it run as is Smiley Sad

Contributor

Well the PB has been dead in the water for a long time now. I think BB let a lot of people down in how they have just dropped it and don't care - that's obvious to see. I've been using mine every day since I got it, not long after they came out. Have just switched to an LG G Pad as the PB is to long in the tooth now. I'll keep it, no plan on selling it. It has been fun while it lasted I suppose.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The Facebook app is supported by Facebook so if Facebook decided not to do anything more with it there is not a lot BlackBerry can do. It's true that not much is going on in the way of the Playbook. However, there was just recently a bridge update so I'm not sure they've completely given up on it either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

If you search for Facebook on appworld though it says it's by "BlackBerry Limited" and the link for support takes you to blackberry app support. Are you saying that's wrong and it should be a link to Facebook for support?

As for the update, yes got that. Bridge with my Z10 still seems to miss some features that were present when I had my 9900....can't remember what they were now. But the bridge software with the new BB10 devices is another let down.

Guru II

I know what it says but it's done in conjuction with Facebook. It's the same for the BB10 app.

Yes, Bridge is still missing features with BB10 that BBOS had. My point was that there is still some support there. I don't know what the final plan is for the Playbook. I like mine too. I'd love to see the same Android Runtime that OS 10.2.1 has.

My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook / Z10 / Passport
My Carrier: O2 UK

I always found it best to view Facebook in the browser. This way you get the full version and not the mobile version of Facebook as was the case with the built in application.

BlackBerry is for Life, not just for Christmas
Guru II

True. Good advice.