Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: n-a

Playbook & SyncML 1.2 protocol??

[ Edited ]

Hi..

My IMAP problems  (see thread) are for accounts set up on a SmarterMail Enterprise 10.3 system. I'm on the Board of a local Chapter of an international association, and the Chapter emails run on the parent-hosted domain, but their tech support is pretty limited despite expecting a thousand or so people from more than a hundred chapters around the world to be able to use it anyway. (*endrantbeforeitstarts*)

So.. the SmarterMail Help docs say that SyncML is built-in (doesn't mean it's been enabled on the domain though and probably hasn't) and it does give info for Blackberry, but doesn't mention the tablet - just the phones.

Ref:

Does anyone with a better than average tech grok know how to figure out what I need to do to get the Playbook to sync with the acct properly?

As mentioned - it's working ok on the iphone but Playbook reverts messages to unread and won't delete. Haven't tested on android phone/tablet yet. I'm the admin for our Chapter and so need to be able to figure this out for myself and the rest of the board.

Thanks in advance!