Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Highlighted
My Device: playbook 16gb
My Carrier: n/a

Playbook and HTML 5 input field defined as a number type, can't enter in a decimal

as per the subject line. For a HTML input field of "number" type, I get a numeric keyboard that is hexadecimal, and doesn't allow for negative or decimal places... can't switch the keyboard to the full version either.

New Developer
My Device: Priv, 9810, PlayBook, 9000, 8820
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playbook and HTML 5 input field defined as a number type, can't enter in a decimal

I see this same problem.  It definitely affects the usability of one of my apps, and I only found out about it because a user emailed me asking about it.

Is anyone at BlackBerry looking into fixing this (as per the same issue recently fixed for BB10)?

Is there a [JIRA?] ticket tracking this issue that we can follow for updates?

Help?

New Developer

Re: Playbook and HTML 5 input field defined as a number type, can't enter in a decimal

Turns out there is an open ticket for this issue -- at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-623 -- which appears to have been open and unaddressed for about a year now.

Smiley Frustrated

New Developer

So...  Do I understand correctly that there is no real interest in fixing this BlackBerry PlayBook OS/browser bug?  I don't know about other developers or users, but it actually manages to render one of my apps to near-uselessness, and it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to correct (especially given that it wasn't always doing that) if someone actually wanted to...

Developers and users, if this bug bugs you, look up the ticket tracking this bug at https://www.blackberry.com/jira/browse/TABLET-623  and "vote" it up.