Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Playbook and Local Network Streaming..

I have movies which I stream to other devices in my home (PS3,2 Network TV, Laptop etc. ).   Is it possible for the Playbook to join the network and watch those movies...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook and Local Network Streaming..

i know people that use a wifi hard drive and stream movies

if you can access the shared folder I dont see why it cant

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Must not be looking hard enough.  Where would I look to find the files that are shared across the network..

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

every device will be different and their sharing

my PC has a shared folder and I access it as

\\192.168.5.100\Shared\Videos

You will need to configure sharing on each device and know how to access it.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: BB playbook, BB 9700
My Carrier: Bell

If you google your media server and "playbook" you will find someone who has connected. 

Basicly, you need to know the ip address of your media server and the port number for the application.  So for eg, I have a WD my book live and on my router I can look up the ipv4 network address. Let's say it is something like

\\192.168.1.xxx  

and the media server for this is "twonky" which uses port 9000

So to select the media server, I start a brower session, type in the ip address of the device followeed by a colon and the port number.  \\192.168.1.xxx:9000

click enter and you browser interface will come up for the media server.  bookmark to the desktop (swipe down from the top to access the menu) and you should be good to stream

Trev