Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: BlackBerry playbook 2.0
My Carrier: vodafone

Playbook battery icon showing 0% after continuous charging

I am facing this problem since yesterday. My Playbook doesnot seem to be charging. it is showing 0% with charging sign on battery icon. It is not possible to understand whether it is realy not charging or its charging but showing as 0% due to some software problem.

please solve the problem or guide me.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 447768770900

Re: Playbook battery icon showing 0% after continuous charging

I'm having exactly the same problem - The battery icon stays red and hollow, with a lighteneing bolt through it. I have charged it on an original BB brand rapid charger, and on the original charger that came with the BB - but it behaves in the same way. I'm not sure whether it IS charged but thinks its not, or whether its just not charging. Once I have taken it off charge it goes into deep sleep, and has to be 'tricked' into rebooting by following these instructions http://www.askmefast.com/Blackberry_Playbook_wont_charge_or_turn_on-qna1233177.html (the third option worked!).

However I have left it on charge all night and it still shows the hollow red battery and white lightening bolt.

Please help!!

Thanks

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: BSNL

I did had a similar issue. I tried everything but failed. So I submitted it to the Service Centre. They quoted it to be a hardware problem and they corrected the problem. Now its charging fine.
New Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Get it replaced if it's under warranty, must be some hardware issue
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 447768770900

Thnaks Guys. I've now sent t back to RIM to be fixed/replaced. Seems there's no work-around fix for this issue.

Now I feel LOST without it!!