Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: blackberry playbook

Playbook browser issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

i had developed a program in PHP which plays video in Blackberry browser using jwplayer. Everything works fine but while playing video greater than 150 MB with video length 144 second, the videos stop playing after few seconds, just buffering icon is shown.

I think the cache of the browser is full. so it cant cache the data.

It stops working in about 80-100 MB of data is played.

Any opinion will be appreciable.

thanks in advance

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry playbook
My Carrier: blackberry playbook

Large video doesn't play in browser

[ Edited ]

I have a video of 2 minutes of 186mb in my website. The video is played using jwplayer. This video stops buffering after it downloads around 80 to 100 mb in playbook. I have verified it plays in pc browser. Here is the detail of the video extracted using ffmpeg. 

Is there browser cache size restriction ? However, the video can be played using video player while browsing the video directly from browser. It can't be played only using the jwplayer. What could have been wrong ?

thanks in advance,

Seems stream 0 codec frame rate differs from container frame rate: 1000.00 (1000/1) -> 15.00 (15/1)
Input #0, flv, from 'flash_test.flv':
  Metadata:
    audiocodecid    : 2
    audiodatarate   : 96
    canseektoend    : false
    creationdate    : Thu Jul 28 08:58:29 2011

duration        : 98
    height          : 800
    lastkeyframetimestamp: 98
    lasttimestamp   : 98
    metadatacreator : On2 Flix SDK for Dshow_2.5.2.0
    videocodecid    : 4
    videodatarate   : 24475
    width           : 1280
  Duration: 00:01:37.64, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 25158 kb/s
    Stream #0.0: Video: vp6f, yuv420p, 1280x800, 25062 kb/s, 15 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc
    Stream #0.1: Audio: mp3, 22050 Hz, 1 channels, s16, 96 kb/s 
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Playbook browser issue

can you confirm that using another browser (for example Mozilla Firefox) you do not have this issue?

besides, I think that 150MB for a 144s is too much for a 1024x600 definition video.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm experiencing the same issue with the browser. It'll play about half of a video then freeze at "Buffering..." For the first few days, it would play videos of more than an hour in length. Now it'll play only about 12 - 15 minutes of video before stopping. Very frustrating. Anyone have any ideas to the cause?
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

If it is in fact connected with the cache of the browser being full go into your browser's settings and clear the cache data.  Simply slide your finger from the top of the frame to drop down the Gear icon from within the browser.  May not fix the problem but just wanted to make sure that option is available to you.  Good luck!

"Lost in space in search of a cosmic gate"
Momo
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Clearing the cache doesn't really help. I did find that clearing local storage helps, but that's quite inconvenient and inefficient to have to do after every long podcast or video. Smiley Sad
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Sprint

I understand your frustration, same thing happens on both of my tablets when I watch too many videos on YouTube.

"Lost in space in search of a cosmic gate"
Momo