Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Visitor
My Device: Storm2 Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Playbook camera icon disappeared!

My playbook camera icon disappeared leaving an empty space in the "All" menu. I looked in the "Media" subfolder, it was there but then I clicked on it and it disappeared as well. The camera still works indirectly through the picture folders. As this native icon is normally undeletable, any idea why it vanished and how to recuperate the icon? Restart and reboot did not fix it. I got the latest OS 1.0.8.6067.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook camera icon disappeared!

First I would like you to do a Back Up of your PlayBook using your computer and BlackBerry Desktop Software.

This can be downloaded for free from http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/

After the Back Up is complete I need you to unplug your PlayBook and then push and hold down the Power Button until the unit Force Powers Off.

Now, while Desktop Software is still open on your computer and the PlayBook Powered Off, Connect the PlayBook to your computer.

You should see and error screen from Desktop Software pop up that has the options to Retry, Update, or Cancel.

QUICKLY choose the Update option.

This will erase all the information off of your PlayBook and Re-Write the Software back onto it. Once it's complete your PlayBook will need to go back through the setup wizard, and you can then perform a restore using Desktop Software to return your information. The only thing that won't come back after the restore are the apps that you downloaded from App World but they can be easily Re-Installed using the My World feature in App World.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers wireless

Hi fellows,

I have the exact same problem on my playbook. The camera icon disappeared and I had not yet made my first back up. After the camera app was gone, I made a back up and then reinstalled the OS as prescribed. I noticed that the app was back after the reinstall but when I restored my backup the camera app was gone again Smiley Sad Any workaround for this at all?

Thanks in advance!

bbxmt

My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers wireless

I should add that this is with the latest OS version 2.0.1.358.

cheers,

bbxmt

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Etisalt

Old version also has the same problem. I am not able to see the camera icon after I have downloaded asom apps. I think it is the QR Code scanner. Is there any other program that can bring back the camera? Please help, I am using this camera as a normal scanner.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 84211

The situation is this, the playbook is running its normal, suddenly one day, turn the cam on the message "this camera is in use ..." and that consumption is always black, and since it is terrible to eat sources khiep.Minh have tried all the way as high as players on the board: wipe machine 2 times in succession, new rom, rom ddoww old, update with BDM back to original rom .... still not cured. So today I made ​​this topic the higher the expected high glass hand print, have zeal with RIM on this together to help, e sincerely thank you!
And I've tried hard reset several times, including factory reset, the situation has not changed!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

longnguyen47n wrote:

The situation is this, the playbook is running its normal, suddenly one day, turn the cam on the message "this camera is in use ..." and that consumption is always black, and since it is terrible to eat sources khiep.Minh have tried all the way as high as players on the board: wipe machine 2 times in succession, new rom, rom ddoww old, update with BDM back to original rom .... still not cured. So today I made ​​this topic the higher the expected high glass hand print, have zeal with RIM on this together to help, e sincerely thank you!
And I've tried hard reset several times, including factory reset, the situation has not changed!

I would contact support on this matter as it seems to be a hardware issue and ot software as you wiped and reladed the OS.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: 84211

No No! this problem arises not because I wipes data the operating system, which appears naturally that way. I reset the machine several times but the phenomenon still appears! I hope to fix soon, now it makes my computer Playbook drain the battery very quickly.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

longnguyen47n wrote:
No No! this problem arises not because I wipes data the operating system, which appears naturally that way. I reset the machine several times but the phenomenon still appears! I hope to fix soon, now it makes my computer Playbook drain the battery very quickly.

usually a restart will cure it, but if you get it after a restart and you wiped it already, I believe its hardware related unless you are not explaining it enough

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook
My Carrier: Etisalt

That worked. Thanks