Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook camera icon disappeared!

The one poster restore the pb after the wipe. The app data removed the camera icon which tells, etc the work around is to not restore the app data.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: rogers wireless

I resolved the problem but here's what I had to go through.

I had no recent backup to use so I first did a backup of the PB which included the camera app missing. I then followed the steps mentioned earlier (i.e. turning off PB, making sure desktop manager is open on my computer, then plugging in the USB and quickly hitting 'update'). This resulted in a fresh install of the PB OS and the camera icon was back. When I did a full restore of the backup I did (including app data, media, and settings), the camera icon was gone again. So then I re-installed the whole thing again, and this time I only restored media as well as settings. I did NOT restore app data. I was able to redownload apps via 'my world' on app world though that was not a smooth process. I am very happy that the BB news RSS reader stores links via your BB ID account so they automatically refreshed. I also made a backup of my system after I finished all that so now I have a backup with the camera app in there...

good luck and I hope that helps

Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Red Mobile

So when I do this, all my improvements in the games and save games will be gone? 

Jenivie Mae
Super Contributor
My Device: Playbook

[ Edited ]

Jmaepd311 wrote:

So when I do this, all my improvements in the games and save games will be gone? 

Probably. Game app data is notoriously flakey to restore. 

See my solution to your other post which is the official Blackberry workaround to your array error

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-PlayBook/Camera-Icon-Gone/m-p/2528015#M63879

Sarah.