Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS
My Carrier: Optus

Playbook - can't select country or get past set up!

I'm so frustrated with this device! I want to use it but I can't get past the set up.

I get to the point where it has a drop screen to select Country but there is nothing there to pick from. As a result I can't agree to the blackberry agreement and can't do anything with the actual playbook.

I've had it for a week now. I tried with the tech boys at work but they couldn't figure it out. I'm not very tech savy but can normally figure this stuff out!!

PLEASE HELP!

New Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY 9780
My Carrier: T-MOBILE

Re: Playbook - can't select country or get past set up!

I have got the same issue, called Blackberry today, then told me to download updates again on my computer, through USB.

Did 3 times, after it finished , it said you must complete setup first!  Big circle. I will call tomorrow again let you know if anything comes of it.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Tablet OS
My Carrier: Optus

Thanks for sharing this. How did you go today? I have tried a few things but still no success Smiley Sad.

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Vodacom

I have a similar problem as well. this is disappointing...i ws so excited about the device. Bt i don't seem to get beyond the initial setup. I am stuck at the country drop down as the list is empty. does anybody care enough to explain to us how we get past this stage???

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: sprint

I recieved my playbook a week ago.  I have been stuck on the same screen.  Hangs up on "checking for updates"  then proceeds to the next screen where it says" could not activate this tablet (3001)  please try changing youe settings"  Seroiusly blackberry how do you expect people to keep buying your products if they cant even begin to use them.  There must be something wrong with the latest batch of playbooks out.  I have another one i use for work and it never has had any of these issues.  It was purchased from Staples.  This one was direct from blackberry.

Can anyone from blackberry help.  I am ready to send it back and get rid of my blackberry smart phone too.  just want to set this thing up.  Any help would be great.

Visitor
My Device: Playbook & 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Hi

My Playbook is also direct from RIM and if I try to set up WI-Fi on an unsecured network it comes up with the same issue of no countries in the drop down so I cant agree to teh terms.

If I try to connect to the secure network, I put teh password in and their is no option to connect??

Totally frustrated and disappointed as unable to use the tablet

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Please search the forums. This has been addressed. As for believer look at the KB26694 
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: ?

I think a lot of people can't find a resolution after trying these  fixes. I'm in the same boat  ( The Titanic it seems ! ) and cannot use my tablet either due to this .

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

have you tried to just reset/reboot your router, it does the trick most of the time

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BB Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi All,

I have also similar kind of issue - Country name not populating in drop down list.

Solution:

- Tried and tested solution

While connecting to Wi-Fi just check for the Authentication Type. I have tried with "WPA-Psk/WPA-Psk2" and it works for me. Please make sure that the Router and the BB Playbook both were using the same authentication type. Default value for routers are generally "WEP" so change it.

- Solution not tested but found in some forums.

I have heard one more solution. Shutdown your BB. Then install Desktop Manager in your Computer (PC). Connect you BB playbook with your Laptop. Once your Playbook is connected then only start it. Hopefully it will load and solve your problem. This does not even require Wi-Fi connection.

Regards