Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin

Playbook charger wont fit

I have had my playbook for around 6-8 weeks, not had any problems charging it and suddenly the charger wont fit. Its going in part way and then wobbles and wont go any further and obviously I dont want to push it harder and cause any damage.

What could be the problem. Also are there other ways of charging the playbook....

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook charger wont fit

There's only one way for that USB cable to fit.

Any chance you've got another USB cable you could try?

Also, I'd recommend quickly getting the rapid charger which connects magnetically via the three prong port to the right of that USB port.

Here's one.  http://www.amazon.com/Blackberry-Rapid-Travel-Charger-Playbook/dp/B004XBZ728

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Playbook 32gb & BlackBerry Curve
My Carrier: Rogers

I've had my Playbook since just before Christmas last year and I'm now having the same problem, the power cord will not go in all the way anymore and therefore no more power to the Playbook.  It's not the cable, because it still fits in and charges my phone.  Sure, we could go and buy a new type of cable to fit into one of the other two connection sites, but is there a fix for why the regular one won't work anymore?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Put on some glasses and look closely in the charging port and see if dust or debris is in the port. I had this happen on my Torch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

A couple months ago, similarly, I round a very small piece of paper in USB cable plug.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry playbook 64GB
My Carrier: O2

I am having the same problem with my charger not fitting. I have had a look in the port but could not see anything in there. I am getting a Rapid charger but how do I download to my laptop if this connection is not working?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26068

My Device: blackberry playbook 64GB
My Carrier: O2

Thanks for the information I will also see if I need to get a repair because I've only had it 3 days.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

The male part of the micro usb is in the playbook socket. It is a tiny sliver of plastic 4mm by 0.5mm and may be bent up or down you may be able to bend it back with a cocktail stick. It should finish up two thirds of the way across the socket, closer to the back than the screen.

The plug must go it with blackberry logo facing up, and the usb logo facing the back of playbook

My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Fido

I hadn't been able to charge my Playbook for a few months - obviously I only use it occasionally. Investigating intermittently I hadn't found a solution till now. It was this simple thing!! Misalignment of the tab in the bottom of the PB! I just put a knife in behind the tab, pushed it towards the back of the PB, based on your post jarviser, and voila! The plug fits in snugly and we are off to the races again. Thank you!