Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook-A577
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook crashed...I think

Recently my BlackBerry Playbook was continually experiencing difficulty turning on taking an extensive period of time to do so.  As such I attempted, on multiple occasions, to perform a hard re-start.  This worked temporarily until I had to perform this task every time I turned it on.  I eventually was unable to connect to Wi-Fi and after multiple to attempts to try and figure out what the problem was I eventually found myself having to reset my Playbook to the original manufactures' settings.  After doing so I was then capable of connecting to Wi-Fi and I was informed that an update for my Playbook was available for download.  After downloading the update I was unable to turn it back on.  I attempted multiple different ways but all I was able to get was the BlackBerry Playbook logo with the multi colored background but no connection.  Eventually I only got the logo and no background and now nothing comes on, no even the logo.  The only thing I can think of is that the hard drive on my Playbook has crashed.  Any suggestions or am I out of luck.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Playbook crashed...I think

Hi stephen68,

Welcome to the support community!
When you connect the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet to a power source and try to power it on, do you see a red led? Does it flash? If this is the case, I recommend trying to backup your data and try to reload the software using the BlackBerry Desktop Software or BlackBerry Link. This article may help. "BlackBerry PlayBook tablet fails to boot and displays flashing red LED in sequence blink blink pause" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB26748

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Playbook-A577
My Carrier: Bell

I tried what you suggested, plugging into a power source, pushing the power button...nothing.  Tried holding the power button down for 20 seconds...nothing.  I tried a hard restart, holding all three buttons down, for 20 seconds...nothing.  By "nothing" I mean no red light.  I really think my Playbook is fried.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I thought my sons was dead and grabbed a diff charger and it then charged.

the tip on the power cord can get worn and wobbly, went through 3 of them so far

I have in teh past put a book under the cord to put a lil pressure on the playbook and it started to charge

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V