Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Playbook dead/bricked

Hi all, I'm having trouble with my playbook. I've had it for about six months with no problems at all, I really love this device. About two days ago, with the battery was at about 75%, I started a song then plugged it into my stereo and put it in standby. I didn't hear anything out of the speakers. Went to swipe it on, and it wouldn't turn on. Its been a paperweight ever since.

Symptoms:

- Will not turn on

- Will not charge

- Will not connect when connected to PC via usb

- NO LED flashes at all

Things I've tried:

- Hard reset (power, +, -)

- Factory reset (connection to PC with BB Desktop running

- Letting it sit for 24 hrs (unplugged) then plugging it into OEM wall charger/USB cord

- Letting it charge with OEM wall charger (~24 hrs)

Yes, I can confirm that the wall charger and USB cord work (they charge/connect my phone). Any ideas? Is my only option to contact customer support? If any more info is needed, I'll try to provide it as best I can. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook dead/bricked

Let's try stack charging. You need to be patient because it will take some time. Follow these instrustion to the "T"

Plug in the wall charger for 2 minutes, then unplug for 2 minutes. Repeat these steps 6 to 7 times. After plugging for the last 2 minutes, instead of unplugging the tablet press the power button. If at that time it powers on leave it charging for 6-10 hours.

Stack Charge (again but slightly different timing) [This takes over 1/2 hour]
Repeat 10x, 1 minute 55 seconds plugged in to wall charger, 60 seconds unplugged
After last unplug, let it sit for 1 minute
See if it powers up
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey peenoy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for providing all the information.

Since the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet is not turning on even when plugged into the wall charger, you will need to contact our PlayBook Support team to resolve this issue.

Here is how to contact them: http://us.blackberry.com/support/playbook-support/contact.jsp

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately, I had no luck with stack charging; but thanks for the idea aandras. I finally gave up last night and called it in.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Did you get it fixed thru support. If so what did they do. Or was RMA issued.
Please advise.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
New Contributor

Yes, I called support and they lead me through a few things to make sure it wasn't working (double checking the chargers, attempting to turn on while plugged in, etc.). After nothing worked, an RMA was issued and they sent a box for me to ship my playbook to them. Overall, the call lasted about 15-20 minutes.

My Device: bold 9800
My Carrier: Bell

What happens when you e-mail support and they e-mail you back to say they can't help you? Do you know where to return a Playbook (still under waranty) for repair or replacement?