Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Tour alarm clock
My Carrier: nada

Re: Playbook doesn't support editing PDF files online? I'm officially done with the playbook

Editing PDF's I think is an exclusivity to MS Word 2010, because that is the only way I have been able to edit PDF's, and sometimes that isn't possible, some of those PDF's are like currency, they are NOT to be altered in anyway shape or form.

But more importantly I totally understand how you feel about the playbook, I think about taking mine back, but Office Depot will not give a refund, just an exchange. I approach the Playbook on two fronts

1. Potential; let's see it! "everything is coming" is all I hear, guys who develop this stuff should be ashamed of themselves, to put out a product like this is just simply wrong, Blackberry fed into to the hype, iPhone yes they do gobble up they're share of the market, but BB has TRUE history, they should have looked in the mirror and realized who they WERE, but AREN'T now. The thing feels wonderful, and you can just sense the power this thing is waiting spit out randomly. I say for now forget all the game, and "cute" apps, and get the business aspect of it down. Get some decent word production going on. Doc to Go, should pull up "doc and go", it's a trainwreck. No way to delete a document until is labtop connected? Wait a minute I don't think I have deleted a doc yet....

The Playbook does not really bridge with the BB phone. everytime I have the screen from DOC TO GO come up the screen seems to give me a choice to look for stuff on my tablet, or my phone...got to phone and you get "no application to perform this task", lets all say what this is.....crappy work development.

2. Utter disappointment, but room, plenty of room, a stadium sized room for growth.

I was disappointed with my Galaxy Tab till I bought the Playbook. After the iPod touch essentially becoming the best PDA on earth hands down, I look at the Android market as developers who could not cut the mustard to be a part of the Apple(blah) movement. But with my Galaxy Tab, I can go to my company website, and pull up PDF documents that download, and get this....when the PDF downloads, there is an icon on my GT that says "files" "well I'll be!" In the icon marked files guess what...there are files in there....and further more guess what one of those digital manilla folders says......DOWNLOADS, and I click in downloads, and whoa doggy, there is the downloaded PDF!!!!! Magic!!!

Did it with the playbook, I still have not found that download.

But all in all I'm a gadget guy...3 gadgets I mentioned, 4 if you count my BB Tour, so I say to RIM...you have done a horrible job.....WE WOULD HAVE WAITED, BUT PLEASE DON'T ABANDON THIS TABLET! Make it up to us.

From an Apple or Android device