Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Tablet, Playbook
My Carrier: N/A
Accepted Solution

Playbook dosent charge

[ Edited ]

After a few months using this thing, it suddenly wont charge a few days ago. Today i tried updating it but it failed and now no red lights come up. I dont know what to do as i do not have warranty anymore. Can anyone please help? It also died so ya.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Playbook dosent charge

Could you search the forums for stack charging.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

If your battery is dead or near dead, you have a problem. If you follow these instructions you may be able to make a recovery but it will take some time. The charger is controlled by software. The software will not run because the battery voltage is too low. When the battery is too low and you turn on the PB, It will only run for about 4 minutes and then shut down again. During this 4 minutes, the charger will begin charging but since the battery voltage is still too low, the unit will shut down again and the charger will shut off. To get the voltage up sufficiently for the PB To continue, you have to have the charger plugged in and every 5 minutes or so, you have to hold the power button on until the red light flashes then release it.It will once again recharge for 4 minutes. You may have to repeat these steps at least 10 times. Once the voltage gets up a bit, the charger should stay on but it will takes 6 hours to fully recharge the battery. When your charger is charging, it will feel warm to the touch so check it often to see if it is in fact charging.
Contributor

The red light dosent come on at all anymore. No matter where i put it.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook doesn't charge

Hi, I'm really at a loss. My battery drained and I can't get PB to reboot. Plug it in, press the power button and it will blink for a few moments then die. I've tried two types of chargers. I've tried holding down the other buttons at same time I power up. It just won't hold. I don't know what to do. It's been losing battery power ever since updating to 0s2 but now i can't get it to charge at all. Is there a KB article or something somewhere? I don't think I have any warranty on my PB - i've had it exactly one year now. Please help. I had files I needed to get off it urgently.

Forums Veteran I

Just hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it. Leave it plugged into the charger. 4 minutes later do the same process. Repeat at least 10 times and then leave it plugged in for 6 hours. This should fully charge it.
Forums Veteran I

If there is no light activity, hold the power button only down for no more than 20 seconds. Make sure it is plugged into an energized wall outlet. Leave it for 4 to 6 hours.
Contributor

When pushing down, should it be connected to the charger?

Forums Veteran I

Yes!
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playbook now charging

So weird end to my 'playbook doesn't charge' problem. I tried all the advice. Holding it down for 10 times, etc, and I finally gave up and left on a trip without it. Came home and plugged it in again. Plugged into wall first and then into PlayBook and the red light came on. And this time it stayed on. It was like my PlayBook wanted a week off. Hopefully this will be an anomaly and won't happen again. It was quite strange - i tried different electrical sockets, two different charges and tried for two days along with all the advice i could find. I guess my advice is don't give up. Smiley Happy