Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Playbook - file formats

My  playbook says it cannot accept WMV - for my movies. I thought that it is supposed to accept WMV.

Movies converted to MP4 will  play.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Playbook - file formats

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 Gb
My Carrier: radiology and imaging technologist/ student

i have one question too.... i cant unpack rar files. i cant find app on bb app world to unrar the rar files that i need to use only zip files i can unpack. can you please help me with advice or suggestion. thanks in advanceSmiley Happy. and the bb app world is very little and i was wondering now with the new release of OS 2 will it get more apps or apps from andoid market? cause its a really big downside from the rest of the competitors... thank you again and have a nice day
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

MarjorieR wrote:

My  playbook says it cannot accept WMV - for my movies. I thought that it is supposed to accept WMV.

Movies converted to MP4 will  play.

THat is weid, because I can play WMV and WMA on a regular basis, but none of them are DRM protected though

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Many of the file browser available in the app world have zip functions. I have not tried rars for i usually unpack these on my comp then transfer but it is worth a shot.
New Contributor
My Device: Playbook 16 Gb
My Carrier: radiology and imaging technologist/ student

Yes you are wright. But for example at the moment i dont have a computer ( its broken and i'm in the the status of trying to repair it). Yes probably i would do that too but its not normal to depend on something else. Its a big inconvinience to have a tablet and to depend on something else with the tablet and the tablet itself not to have just a few applications with only some solutions.. And there are very few apps and mostly **bleep** and they charge money for those crappy apps. You are very limited with tablet and apps. Hope that will improve in the future
Super Contributor
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

With android coming soon we should see the ability to rar, unrar as well as the ability to download torrents.