Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Playbook fills up netfilter ip_conntrack table on WRT54GL with Tomato

I noticed flaky internet access from my laptop; the wireless was working, but the router disappears every so often, then comes back in a minute or two. Tomato firmware shows all 4,096 connections used up and "ip_conntrack table full dropping packet" message. After 120 seconds (the timeout), router starts working again.

Only laptop and playbook on network. Playbook not in use. So, I turn off the wireless on the playbook; the connections drop to less than 100 in a minute. No apps running on playbook.

Any idea why playbook is soaking up connections?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Re: Playbook fills up netfilter ip_conntrack table on WRT54GL with Tomato

Any message accounts like email, twitter, facebork etc? They will be working hard in the background and if you have a dry joint in the adsl cable for example it will have many more dropped connections than with a relatively inactive laptop. Check your broadband wiring.  If your country phone wiring has bellwires like in uk seek a solution like

http://www.filesaveas.com/jarviser/bellwirenutshell.html

My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: n/a

Re: Playbook fills up netfilter ip_conntrack table on WRT54GL with Tomato

I rebooted, and appears ok now. I feel sheepish for not trying this already ... baaaaaa.