Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700/playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Playbook freezing

Hi I have had my playbook since the initial release day,

since the i downloaded the last patch my playbook has freezed, the touch screen is unresponsive and and i i can't power down or reset using the top power buton... any suggestions on how to get around this? my next hope is to wait until the device totally powers down to 0 and automatically shuts off and then hopefully charge it back up for a reboot? 

unfortunately those battery life rumours were total bogus and this could probably take a while Smiley Tongue.... any help would be greatly appreciated...

My Device: Playbook and Curve 9300
My Carrier: Telcel

Re: Playbook freezing

Hello there! The same happened to me exactly... the soultion was to keep the power button pressed for 30 seconds... my playbook turned off and when turned on it was as good as always.

Hope this information is useful!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

please report back if this solved your issue

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64GB

I've had the same problem since the OS upgrade 2-weeks ago or so for my 2-month old playbook... It just keeps freezing without any particular pattern.Thanks for the hint. 

Does anybody know whether this freeze problem will be solved soon, as this is really frustrating?

New Contributor
My Device: playbook and torch
My Carrier: at&t

Similar issue here except I can't say the playbook is frozen, just has no touch screeen responsiveness. For example if I have a Bridge App open whatever I do on my phone I see on my PB. Dismiss calendar appointments, mark items read, reply to messages, delete them, adjustments in my calrndar all happen on my PB just fine yet I can't push any buttons. Sometimes it's just the title bar with the battery icon in it, other times its the whole screen and all gestures.

Yes a reboot solves it, though it's just a matter of time before it happens again. This is my second PB, the first one was warrenty exchanged and this one didn't start showing the problem until last patch.

Note: If I wait it out I eventualy get touch screen interactions back. I just don't like to wait as sometimes it can take upwards of 30 minutes before it starts working on its own.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook 64GB

As indicated in follow up posts, my problem was solved by re-pairing the BB with the PB (please read posts explaining the procedure)...  Hope that works for you too...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

to repair bridge:

delete the BlueTooth Bridge profiles on both devices

Then perform a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry smartphone powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache like rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

on Playbook press power button and both Vol + - buttons for 10 seconds to reboot it.

setup bridge again and see if it persists.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

I have had this freezing as well only when I am on the net
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

My pb started freezing after the last update.  Up until then it was fine.  I have redone the bridge connection, software on phone and PB are up to date.  Have to reboot the PB about 5 times a day now.

Not cool.

Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: na

This is happening routinely now, and quite irritating. on 2nd playbook, about to take back fir refund if it does not improve. sadly like a pc, but with just two or three things open it is freezing up. Can't make it more than 20 minutes. Paired w a torch. do bberry folks chime in on these forums or are we on our own to figure this out?