Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9780 bold and playbook 32gb
My Carrier: o2 uk

Re: Playbook freezing

I have had no more problems since last OS update
Highlighted
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: tdc-norway

Hi, I have the same problem. My Playbook freezes frequently, both when it is connected to my mobile phone, and when bluetooth is turned off.

Normally it freezes when I am using the browser (which I do most of the time), but it has also frozen on other occations.

The freezing takes place both before and after the major software update.

The point is that this is very annoying. 

This should be RIM´s #1 priority to fix - and a fix is needed yesterday.

Because of this problem I have reduced the use of my playbook by >70% already, and I am now seriously considering buying another tablet (Android or Apple). 

I am also seriously considering to return my playbook, and I am not reccomending playbooks to friends.

So basically: WAKE UP RIM DEVELOPERS!!!

This problem is ruining an a product that had the potential to be very good.

Kind Regards

Thomas Elboth

Oslo, Norway 

New Contributor
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: none

It can't be I haven't bridged with any other blackberry yet but im getting frozen like ever 2mins its getting on my nerves and it needs to be fixed I just got this for Christmas only a couple hours ago and already major problems

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

JerrysPB1 wrote:

It can't be I haven't bridged with any other blackberry yet but im getting frozen like ever 2mins its getting on my nerves and it needs to be fixed I just got this for Christmas only a couple hours ago and already major problems

Then this would not be your issue thread to post in Smiley Wink

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

...sorry, operator error... ignore.

My Device: BlackBerry Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I'm now in the same situation.  I finally got 1314 upgrade to work after it bricked my playbook.  Today, I followed the directions to unbrick found here.  During the "repair" it installed the 1314 update and the PB showed it had the 1314 update.  I still got the update icon do I updated.  It only downloaded the 32 MB update, installed and rebooted.

However within minutes I had a new problem.  Apparent freezing of the PB!  Touchscreen was unresponsive and have to hold the power button down to restart.  It seems random.  I never had had any issues from my PB in the 2 months I've had it until this update.  I don't have a BB phone so I'm not bridging to a phone and have never installed it to that's not the issue.

I'm about ready to go through customer support to see if somehow it can be replaced.

I'm nearly due for a new phone with my cell provider and was considering a BB because of Bridge.  But reading the reviews of the their phones and my own issues, I don't see that happening.

Any thoughts on stopping the lock ups?

My Device: playbook
My Carrier: mts

not even 10 seconds for me. Panic over.. thanks.