Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Playbook has full wifi bars but I can't browse any sites

Hi,

My playbook is showing full wifi bars and connecting to my network but I can't browse or load any sites, or App world.

It was working before but for some reason it just stopped and has been like that for hours now.

Please advise.

Thanks

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Playbook has full wifi bars but I can't browse any sites

Have you tried re-starting the device?
Contributor

Yes I did restart, looks like it happened after my gf restarted the playbook, so I'm not sure what was the issue, do I need to do a factory reset/swipe to get it working again? It's detecting wifi fine, just not connecting to anything.

Developer
My Device: HTC One, PlayBook, LE Z10, DE Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Can you restart your WIFI hub. I have to do that sometimes.
Contributor

Ah hah, that was one thing I didn't do, I restarted my modem but did not restart the router.

Thanks a lot, please mark this as resolved!

Have a great weekend.  =)

My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Hello,

I have the exact same issue. The wifi signal has got full bars but i cannot browse internet, app world, facebook etc....

It was working all fine a few days ago but it hasnt worked every since. I do not have a problem with bluetooth tethering to my torch.

I have rebooted my playbook several times as well as my router/modem but still have the same issue at home.

Can you please advice what else to do? Or atlease advice me where to exchange as I live in the UK and still have one year warrenty.

Regards,

Melton

Developer
My Device: PRIV, Passport, Z30, Q10, Z10

After last OS update i have same problem, but it only happens in between. I solve it by switching OFF the wifi on the Playbook, and then back On again. Its very annoying. i have other devices that is performing just great on same router, like BB phone, laptop, ipad etc...
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

App World IIRC use a VPN like connection and not all routers work well with it. I have issue at home when I get a BBM when using Torch with WiFi that most of my other devices will hiccup. At my work office there is no issue but there is a much better router there for multi connections.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: cellone

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just brought my blackberry playbook and when I got started I was unable to connect to the internet but I was able to upgrade my playbook..

the internet worked for a few at home and now I can't connect to the internet. If I go anywhere else my playbook can get internet but at home I can't. I reset both wifi router and modem even the playbook but still can't get on the internet, even though it is connected. Play book is connected to internet just can't get to internet or app world

someone please help I want to use my playbook

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

i too have the same annoying issue. My desktop, laptop and my wife's laptop are all connected through my wifi router. Not once do they ever lose connection especially when they are showing 5 full bars.

My Playbook (1.0.7.2942) also shows 4 full bars including my wifi network name yet if I dont use my playbook for a while and try and use it again (still showing 4 full bars and network name) the browser bar goes to about one third at the top while the screen is blank (pure white).

The only way is to turn the wifi off and then on again on the playbook yet my other wifi devices on the same network DO NOT HAVE THIS ANNOYING ISSUE!

The browser works again but what gives? Hopefully OS 2.0 will fix this once and for all.